Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRT144
    entertaining doesnt equal good
    If you go in only expecting it being entertaining, it may be .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Brent

I wonder, what sort of movies rate under 40%?
      The Brent Story
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I'll be back, but...

1980 Ordinary People - Wildwood, Paramount - Ronald L. Schwary
        Coal Miner's Daughter - Schwartz, Universal - Bernard Schwartz
        The Elephant Man - Brooksfilms, Paramount - Jonathan Sanger
        Raging Bull - Chartoff-Winkler, United Artists - Irwin Winkler and Robert Chartoff
        Tess - Renn-Burrill Société Française de Production (S.F.P.), Columbia - Claude Berri and Timothy Burrill

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

pluto nash
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
            BTW, Imran is clearly right about nearly everything. Although I wouldn't say AOTC is "close" to Return of the Jedi. It's inferior, period. It has some good moments, but a lot of dumb stuff.
            Thanks... though I guess I think of AotC as better than most people because I seperate out the romance parts. When you do that, its a pretty decent movie. Yoda's lightsaber battle just makes the movie rock at the end, as well.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
              I'll be back, but...

1980 Ordinary People - Wildwood, Paramount - Ronald L. Schwary
              Coal Miner's Daughter - Schwartz, Universal - Bernard Schwartz
              The Elephant Man - Brooksfilms, Paramount - Jonathan Sanger
              Raging Bull - Chartoff-Winkler, United Artists - Irwin Winkler and Robert Chartoff
              Tess - Renn-Burrill Soci�t� Fran�aise de Production (S.F.P.), Columbia - Claude Berri and Timothy Burrill

From the link:

The films below are listed with their production year, so for example the Oscar awarded in 2000 went to the Best Picture in 1999.

PWNED!!!!

Comment

joncha: so true.

The romance definitely ain't what I like about AotC. Good girl likes bad boy = not really good girl. And yes, it's also just plain poorly written/ poorly acted. I don't like the notion that Anakin is still basically good after the Tusken incident either. I liked the Lars family stuff, and the Dooku/ protoempire stuff. The latter is good enough for me. Too bad I didn't watch the IMAX version. Maybe RotS will have an IMAX version?

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                  that wesley crusher picture is ****ing classic
                  too bad it doesn't belong in a star wars thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Thanks... though I guess I think of AotC as better than most people because I seperate out the romance parts. When you do that, its a pretty decent movie. Yoda's lightsaber battle just makes the movie rock at the end, as well.
                    you can't separate out the cheesy parts. It's part of the movie.

Comment

• Of course you can. It's not hard .

Comment

• Turned Titanic into a 3 minute movie.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

• Actually, that would make Titanic into an amazing 3 minute movie . Those scenes of the ship sinking were amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

If you go in only expecting it being entertaining, it may be .
                            A good experience maybe, but not a good movie.

If you get stoned and laugh your ass off through the Nuremberg Trials, that doesn't make it a good comedy.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• I guess in the end, it depends if you consider a good movie to just be one that is entertaining or a good movie to have some artistic value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                Actually, that would make Titanic into an amazing 3 minute movie . Those scenes of the ship sinking were amazing.
                                You consider the scene where everyone dies the only part that isn't "cheesy"?
                                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X