Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So tomorrow (or today whereever you happen to be) is AC Milan v. Inter Milan (derby in the CL, sweet!) and Chelsea v. Bayern Munich.

Should be a great day of football . Though, of course, ESPN has decided not to carry either in the US .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

AC should have a slight edge. It's hard to tell between Chelsea and Bayern Munich, though.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what not having Mourinho on the bench will do to the team.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

What's your guess?
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

If you call them "AC" Italians will freak - similarly if you call them Inter Milan. That's like saying London Arsenal.

The two teams are Inter(nazionale) and Milan.

Liverpool were really impressive first half. I think that Juventus will score in the home leg so Liverpool need an away goal... good luck to them but I think they'll struggle.

Chelsea will miss Jose, I think it'll be very tight indeed but Makaay is apparently injured which is a bonus.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

While liverpool was impressive in the first halve, I wouldn't say Juve was lucky only to be two goals down as it was reported on the BBC...
              Liverpool: three chances scored two.
              Juve had more and beter opportunities imho.

Is it really that difficult to find a decent keeper btw...
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

He's only 19 or something. I thought he did pretty well, that's like his third start for the club. He made one great save a few average ones and his distribution was really good. I felt sorry for him on the goal. Was a definite mistake but, hell, that's the problem with being a goalkeeper and they tend to get better with age.

Apparently Liverpool scored as many goals in 25 mins as Juventus have conceded in the entire competition so far, but I agree, I can't see Juventus not going through. They'll play a lot better at home.
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

His save 1v1 vs Del Piero was great too and he was pretty unlucky with the bounce of the ball for the goal. I think it looked worse on TV than it actually was.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

You mean that Carson? He's still green.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                      If you call them "AC" Italians will freak - similarly if you call them Inter Milan. That's like saying London Arsenal.

The two teams are Inter(nazionale) and Milan.
                      Never heard them referred to as Milan around here before... always AC Milan.

Comment

He's only 19 or something. I thought he did pretty well, that's like his third start for the club.
                        Hey don't get me wrong, the kid did very well considering, it' just that he shouldn't have been in that situation in the firts place, we are talking Liverpool & quarter finale of the CL here afterall, not the first round in the mickey mouse cup.
                        Not that either Arsenal or ManU or any better in this department.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

He's their third choice keeper, you wouldn't expect him to have to start, but they bought him in the winter transfer window as extra cover because of the long term injury to Chris Kirkland.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Never heard them referred to as Milan around here before... always AC Milan.
                            Calling them AC Milan isn't too bad, still not as good as just Milan but our media always calls them AC Milan. Calling them just AC is terrible. If I talk about FC you wouldn't have any idea what team I was talking about.

For Inter... well, consider calling Everton "Liverpool Everton" it'd be exactly the same thing. It's just not their name. They happen to play in Milan but their name is Internazionale.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Calling them AC Milan isn't too bad, still not as good as just Milan but our media always calls them AC Milan. Calling them just AC is terrible. If I talk about FC you wouldn't have any idea what team I was talking about.
                              Yeah, with 'AC' standing for 'Athletic Club', I'm not sure you want to reference a particular team with it. It'd be like calling Barcelona FC as FC. It doesn't work. They are usually refered to as 'Milan' over here as well.

Comment

Apparently Mourinho isnt even going to sit in the ground, hes watching it on tv.
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X