open office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open office

I've been using the MS Word that I transferred from my previous setup, and now, it seems to have stopped functioning.

So, I'm in the market for something to replace my copy of MS office, because it's no use to me, if I can't use it.

Is open office any good?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

No, no, yes, yes, yes, no, no, no, yes, yes, no, no, no, yes, no, no, yes, no, no, no and no.

^- summary of the thread that this post will open

Try it. If you don't have the time, have someone else try it.
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

If word processing is all you need, try Abiword.

Openoffice ( I am using it, since I don't want to pay teh 3v1| M1c40$0f7
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I have been praticing data entry for awhile, and need some form of spreadsheets to work with. Plus I need to be able to open my old spreadsheets and either convert them or be able to see them.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

go openoffice, then.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
            If word processing is all you need, try Abiword.

Openoffice ( I am using it, since I don't want to pay teh 3v1| M1c40$0f7
            What, your school doesn't get it for free?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Budget cuts

Evil government
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

we had openoffice on a few work pc's, and they would occasionaly have problems with converting word documents. More often there would be problems with excel files. Still generaly it was ok, and free - which is the important bit.
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Thanks guys. Seems to work just fine.

Comment

anyone know what program I need to open XLS files? I don't want to threadjack, but I think it's one of these office programs. Hey, I never worked in an office environment, I know nothing about office type programs.

Comment

excel
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

is there a free version of excel?

Comment

Yeah I had problems with the spreadsheet program in it, the rest was smooth though, if a little slow to start.
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                            is there a free version of excel?
                            If all you need to do is look see and/or print there is teh Microsoft Excel viewer IIRC (free DL).
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Excel Viewer 2003: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Word Viewer 2003: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X