Commies! China needs you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at half a percent a year
    Yes, that's a midget population growth, even in the US, where some states have 0.1 percent growth.

Most of the population growth is in the South, Southwest and west, which you conveniently fail to cite.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      Yes, that's a midget population growth, even in the US, where some states have 0.1 percent growth.
      Yup and some countries in europe have population growth over 1.5% a year (one of them being Spain which has 7m more people than California)

The EU had population growth of 0.1% during the early 1980's compared to the US's 1%, the US is still at 1% whereas the EU has risen to 0.5% a year.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      Most of the population growth is in the South, Southwest and west, which you conveniently fail to cite.
      Methinks you need to quell your paranoia, I made it perfectly clear that I was comparing the EU to the slower-growing half of the US (well slower growing 43% to be exact).
      19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

I know. I respect your competence, it just seems funny to me to commend Europe for acheiving the highest population growth since the 70's.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

There is not really a shortage of labor in China, there are still millions upon millions of unemployed and underemployed.

The shortage spotlighted by this article is a very specific one: a shortage of semi-skilled young rural women willing to work in horrible factories in semi-slavery conditions for utterly despotic bosses at miserably small wages. And even those miserably small wages are sometimes withheld for completely bogus reasons.

That anyone would work under these conditions at all attests to the miserable conditions in the countryside.

But now, with life on the farm becoming slightly more promising, factory bosses are facing a growing crisis. Very good news for the common Chinese worker!
          Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Kid, there's 1.3 billion people in China. There are endless resources. Sure, the system it runs is a bit weird. Sure, human rights are broken there like we eat cookies. But it will be huge, and even more huge soon. Anyone who tries to bring some last minute stats they got from their convinient arhicves, and has never even visited China or doesn't really know anything about it except it's communist and threatens Taiwan is just being a knucklehead plain and simple. We don't have to like it, but that's the way it's going to be. Armchair economists :shakehead:
            One nuke can reduce that pop to about 800,000,000. 2 can take it down to about 600 mil. 3 can take it to 400 mil.

Comment

Working...
            X