Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it's kind of a proof as the one of Soviets who after the sending of people in the space announced that they haven't seen God there

1) On our current level, we can go to the moon and haunt for purple space goats
    2) God is infinity, we'll never be able to check scientifically if it exists or not.
    3) That You compare God with a purple space goat that only shows your bias
    4) Someone can say we have proofs in the miracles
    5) Who said that religion is science anyway?
    6) If You were just pointing out alleged mistakes in reasoning... but You're simply acting rude.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

• the point you miss is God is real and present to those who believe

So are pink elephants to the drunk.

1) On our current level, we can go to the moon and haunt for purple space goats.

But we couldn't always do this. Are you telling me it was rational to believe in the purple space goat 500 years ago?

2) God is infinity, we'll never be able to check scientifically if it exists or not.

Let's say that it's an infinite, transcendent, purple space goat. Same argument applies.

3) That You compare God with a purple space goat that only shows your bias

No. It just shows the poverty of your position.

4) Someone can say we have proofs in the miracles

It's irrational to believe in Miracles, unless you directly witness them. It's always more likely that someone told a lie than that a miracle occurred. Hume proved this 250 years ago. I'm surprised you are still trying that one.

5) Who said that religion is science anyway?

Who said that purple space goats were a scientific matter, any more than the trees in the park.

6) If You were just pointing out alleged mistakes in reasoning... but You're simply acting rude.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but you seem to like lecturing the rest of us, and it wouldn't be so bad but for the fact that your lectures are based on fairy stories.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• until you make the leap of faith you'll never get it
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• until you make the leap of faith you'll never get it

Until you realize that you're deluded, you never will. People have all sorts of insane leaps of faith - yours is no better than anyone else's.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• yes but your just another atheist whose a religion groupie

Something niggling away there at the back of your consciousness?
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• yes but your just another atheist whose a religion groupie

Not really. I want to burn down your churches and replace them with pubs and miniature golf.

Something niggling away there at the back of your consciousness?

Yes, rationality.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• tee hee, God seeps into your Godless conscious every day

Comment

• So are pink elephants to the drunk.
                  believers are not drunk

But we couldn't always do this. Are you telling me it was rational to believe in the purple space goat 500 years ago?
                  You missed my point which was that God is not material

Let's say that it's an infinite, transcendent, purple space goat. Same argument applies.
                  If it was infinite, transcendent, it wouldn't be purple, it wouldn't be space, it wouldn't be goat.

No. It just shows the poverty of your position.
                  Rather poverty of your means of expression

It's irrational to believe in Miracles, unless you directly witness them. It's always more likely that someone told a lie than that a miracle occurred. Hume proved this 250 years ago. I'm surprised you are still trying that one.
                  Wasn't Hume a believer? I may be wrong.
                  Also, your point is simply: miracles are lies.
                  How are You so sure? Because You DON'T BELIEVE miracles can happen. You believe in laws of the universe, Laws are order. Order is someone's involvement.

Who said that purple space goats were a scientific matter, any more than the trees in the park.
                  You, by saying You can prove or disprove the alleged fact

I'm sorry you feel that way, but you seem to like lecturing the rest of us
                  Only when You're lecturing or offending me

and it wouldn't be so bad but for the fact that your lectures are based on fairy stories.
                  All our lifes are fairy stories. Life, love, music, art, it's all nonsence, it's all void.

insane leaps of faith - yours is no better than anyone else's.
                  A belief in lack of existance of God is a belief as well.
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

• A pity he doesn't exist. If he did, then he would be able to tell you that you were a dumb asshat for believing in him when you died.

God: "AH I specifically structured the universe to remove any evidence of myself from it. I didn't want to get in the way of your doings."

AH: "But I had faith in your existence, Lord."

God: "You stupid bastard!!! You might as well have had faith in a 200 mile long toasted tea cake. I went to all the trouble of giving you reason and you didn't even bother to use it."

AH: "But I had faith!!"

God: "You just had prejudice. Now you can go hang out with all the other deluded, irrational people. I believe they're watching American Idol on DVD."

AH: "But... "

God: "No 'buts' b1tch!! Get a move on!!"

AH moves away...

God: "Oh and AH.."

AH: "Yes Lord?"

God: "By the way, I'm a homo."
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• All our lifes are fairy stories. Life, love, music, art, it's all nonsence, it's all void.

Sorry...
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• and yet God exists and speaks to you in your heart

Comment

• and yet God exists and speaks to you in your heart

Doesn't that negate the whole point of faith.

Jesus AH... at least get your irrational beliefs to cohere.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson
                            All our lifes are fairy stories. Life, love, music, art, it's all nonsence, it's all void.
                            Not according to the theories of Quantum Mechanics.
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Anyway, it it's all void then how can we talk about it?
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I don't believe God cares less for you than for me so its obvious to me that God reaches out to you and is present in your life

But if you don't feel comfortable talking about that those intimate things that's fine with me

Comment

Working...
                                X