No announcement yet.

Schiavo Pt. Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely this should be the last word...though it won't be...

Terri Schiavo Dies Of Embarrassment
    PINELLAS PARK, FL—Terri Schiavo, the shy woman whose self-image issues put her in a 15-year coma, died of embarrassment Thursday, the eyes of the entire world fixed upon her. "Terri, who had been extremely reserved before her debilitation, found herself trapped at the center of an epic legal battle that became the focus of the nation," said Dr. Kyle Williamson, who treated Schiavo several years ago. "The involvement of President Bush, Congress, and numerous church officials further complicated what might have been a simple right-to-die case, and made Terri's weight issues and family difficulties public knowledge. She finally succumbed to the embarrassment last week, at age 41." Specifics of Schiavo's dying breath and photos of the woman in her self-conscious 20s have been appearing in newspapers worldwide since her death.
    From this week's issue of the Onion, naturally
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      Plus, it makes no sense to label all those who supported Michael as being on the left, and those who supported Terri on the right.

Both drew across party lines, for different reasons.
      I have made this point many times. But this will not deter the left from making an issue of "Bush's" so-called unconstitutional attack on State judicial decisions.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
        In this case as a whole nobody had right or left or democrat or rebublican tattoed on their forehead. The family, both sides lied, and gripped the nation in a bit battle over ****ing money.
        There is a lot of evidence that Michael lied. I have yet to hear of any corroboration that the Schindlers lies about anything.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Rufus, Coma?

I know, I know. That was just propaganda from the Onion. But still!

Comment

• ned I dont know if you watched the documentary i just watched on tv it was the terii schaivo story.
            This show speificly showed the parents to be just as decietful as micheal. For one the parents claimed she opens her eyes on command. On tv it was shown that she was commanded over and over to open her eyes she never did. The money won in that lawsuit filed by micheal half went in a trust fund in teris name and whoever the person in charge of her was would inherit it after her death. The other half went dierctly to micheal. He promised the parents to pay them some money for living expenses and then renigged. the brother of terri states he told the courts he would help his inlaws. I see plent of misrepresentation on the families part just in that. But the kicker was they wanted to be terris guardian so they can get her trustfund and "take care of her". You can believe what you want out of that but i dont agree they didnt lie
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
              ned I dont know if you watched the documentary i just watched on tv it was the terii schaivo story.
              This show speificly showed the parents to be just as decietful as micheal. For one the parents claimed she opens her eyes on command. On tv it was shown that she was commanded over and over to open her eyes she never did. The money won in that lawsuit filed by micheal half went in a trust fund in teris name and whoever the person in charge of her was would inherit it after her death. The other half went dierctly to micheal. He promised the parents to pay them some money for living expenses and then renigged. the brother of terri states he told the courts he would help his inlaws. I see plent of misrepresentation on the families part just in that. But the kicker was they wanted to be terris guardian so they can get her trustfund and "take care of her". You can believe what you want out of that but i dont agree they didnt lie
              Maybe the parents did exaggerate. The guardian ad litem appionted by Bush came to his conclusion about Terri because her reactions were not "consistent." This "consistency" thing is a issue, clearly.

Comment

• What you call exgaggeration I call lying, and misleading the american public to believe this lady was better then she really was. Both parties maniuplated the courts to suit their own needs. I cant really fault the parents as much as the ex husband, but they were not as innocent and honest as the claim to be.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

• Mrs. T, the thing that gives one pause, though, is that Terri did have her moments.

Comment

• Ned, it's time to let the thread die. You have 54 posts in this one, 110 in part three, 78 in part two, and 6 in your poll thread.

Please, remove this thread's feeding tube. It's the humane thing to do.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• J, I apologize for the number of posts. But this case affected me deeply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                        Mrs. T, the thing that gives one pause, though, is that Terri did have her moments.
                        While I agree that she had good moments as shown in the video i watched. all of these moments were captured by her family and their people. On the contrary she had many bad moments too. A dr ot hired by either side came in and did many tests on her for one the making her open eyes on command she couldnt do it he prompted her at least ten times. the mother was there and asked her too and she didnt do it. Now in this same show a dr said teri might have gotten better had she had more therapy now i dont know if this is true or the dr wanting noterity or if he was really trying to help. From what I saw the woman was not going to get better. she did make sounds. The same dr assessed her ability to swallow he claimed that she didnt have the ability to do so. Either way this lady was human and was not allowed to die with dignity. I dont usually judge folks its not my nature but i have done so here because i really believe they guys were fighting over money. Even if 40 thou is all that wasleft it was left in terris trust fund who ever her guardian was would inherit that amt when she died.

Comment

• You know, T, there is also a difference, in my view, in allowing someone to die and deliberately killing them. Terri was not terminal and only had to be fed. She could swallow, but the Judge denied her food and water even by that means.

While the comparison is not entirely apt, I think it could be said that Jesus died of natural causes after being nailed to the cross. But no one would seriously contend that what the Romans did to him was still not an execution.

Comment

• I thought Catholic Dogma stated Jesus was essentially or at least finally killed by the spear thrust.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Jesus CHOSE to die, at least what the bible says.

So if we want to blame anyone for killing Jesus we should blame god!!
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

• I thought you burned in hell forever if you chose suicide. How does Jesus rate?
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X