This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schiavo Thread Part Deux

Again, somebody please tell me why her continued existence is so important to the future of the Republic? My guess is that Bush received a message from God stating that Terry was going to give birth to Terminator-killer John Conner. Or the anti-Christ, take your pick.

Oh, y'all can discuss all those other issues as well.

I was going to start the new thread myself, but decided "Pres. Shrub races to plant a Florida turnip" was a little too offensive.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Just let her die. She's sucking up resources.

Comment

I wonder if a woman in PVS could still have a kid... that'd be... gross...
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Its looking like this time the tube will be kept from being put back.

Now the parents can start moving from denial.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

A pox on your firstborn, JT!

Why even take the risk of this thread not being a spamfest?
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Re: Schiavo Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by JohnT
              Again, somebody please tell me why her continued existence is so important to the future of the Republic? My guess is that Bush received a message from God stating that Terry was going to give birth to Terminator-killer John Conner. Or the anti-Christ, take your pick.

Oh, y'all can discuss all those other issues as well.
              The politicization of it is ridiculous beyond measure.

My take:

Dunno if the stuff about the malpractice settlement having money left that the nominal hubby would inherit is true, but if it is, he has a conflict of interest.

Her intent was never clearly specified, and if it was, sorry she's a bit ****ed up or subject to psych abuse or both, or she wouldn't have bulimia-barfed herself into a near fatal potassium deficiency.

If she's a veg, she ain't suffering, so there's no misery to put her out of.

Hubby's moved on with shack-up g/f and kids. If she wasn't a veg, she'd divorce his ass in a heartbeat and he wouldn't have any say anyhow, so **** him, he can shove off.

If her parents want a pet rock, and they have the means or get donations and the taxpayers don't have to foot the bill, then who cares, let 'em have her and take care of her.

The Bushies and Congress should sod off - it ain't a Federal matter. We're running a 1.2 billion a day deficit and tying up Congress, the President and judicial resouces over this kind of horse****? Good thing we have Canucks and transplanted Frogs to our north instead of Visigoths, else we'd be truly scrod.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Christ, how we missed you.

Comment

I was under the impression that what got people upset about this wasn't that she was being "let go," but that the decision was made by her husband in the absence of a living will, her husband had a definite financial interest in seeing her croak, and her husband's wishes were allowed to override all other family members.

Also, I seem to remember reading that she's not in a vegetative state, merely reduced to something resembling the late stages of dementia. She responds to speech and human contact, albeit not understandably. That's what I've heard, mind you. I haven't been following the case too closely, I'm cut off from the regular flow of news here at college. I have to go by secondhand, and I'm not inclined to research since I'm afraid the truth will just lower my opinion of human potential even farther.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Most of your secondhand info is misinformed, Elok.

She is in PVS. She has zero cortical activity. She has only primitive reflexes. The husband has no financial interest in letting her body die.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                      I was under the impression that what got people upset about this wasn't that she was being "let go," but that the decision was made by her husband in the absence of a living will, her husband had a definite financial interest in seeing her croak, and her husband's wishes were allowed to override all other family members.

Also, I seem to remember reading that she's not in a vegetative state, merely reduced to something resembling the late stages of dementia. She responds to speech and human contact, albeit not understandably. That's what I've heard, mind you. I haven't been following the case too closely, I'm cut off from the regular flow of news here at college. I have to go by secondhand, and I'm not inclined to research since I'm afraid the truth will just lower my opinion of human potential even farther.
                      No, she's quite braindead. No dementia, no nothing. Her cortex is jelly, she's a turnip. All of her "responsiveness" is simply involuntary responses to external stimuli.

Comment

Oh, and the husband has no legal right to make the decision anymore; he left the decision to the courts to decide what Terri would do, and it turned out and the courts decided that she wouldn't want to live.

Ya know, why did we restart this thread when the other one was locked?
                        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                          All of her "responsiveness" is simply involuntary responses to external stimuli.
                          That can be said about everyone, really.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It passed the 500 spam post mark.

Comment

She is not brain dead. Brain dead is zero brain activity. Brain dead is dead, legally and medically.

She has zero cortical activity, but she does have brainstem activity. Therefore, she is not legally or medically dead. Philosophically? Debatable.

Comment

Working...
                              X