Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The amazing ongoing hideousness of Michael Howard (Part XXXIV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazarus and the Gimp

Comment

Did you know the Gimp is a former traveller?
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I'm not. I've got a lot of traveller friends, however. It comes of working the festival circuit in the late 80's.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Throw rocks at the pikey!!

Comment

Good post shawnmmcc
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
              I'm not.
              I said the Gimp was. But it figures.

To paraphrase the old Irish joke - when asked where did you get him? The gimp replies, I won him at the fair.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                When a law clearly affects one sector of the community to a far more adverse exten tham others, it clearly does not apply equally. That's why we've had the principle of equity in law for the past few centuries.
                didn't you read law at university? if so you might want to study your old books and look up equity.

i for one would certainly be very interested to hear how equity will assist a traveller who is in violation of planning laws, because it won't.

It doesn't appear in my post because it's inflammatory, bigoted, flawed on more than one point of law, and unsubstantiated. I'm not prepared to drop my posting standards that low.
                (nice work there. sneaking in a few buzz words without actually saying anything feel free to elaborate on why you think it's flawed etc. btw...)

ok well let’s take a look then. a man buys a plot of land, he wishes to build a house, so he applies for planning permission, the council refuse, as they are perfectly entitled to do and he cannot build the house. now if he goes ahead and builds it anyway, the council can (and will) order him to demolish/remove it, they can use the courts to force him to comply.

now let’s take the same scenario, except this time the man in question is a traveller. now under john prescott’s guidelines, travellers are given priority over ordinary people because they suffer 'racial discrimination' (his words, not mine) in planning applications. the welfare of travellers should be the first priority for the council when considering planning applications, and enforcement notices when planning laws are violated. councils are encouraged to grant permission, and not to seek the removal of travellers who do not have permission, under these guidelines. so the man who wants to build his house in this case has all this extra protection, simply by virtue of the fact that he is a traveller.

a more clear cut case of 'one rule for one group, another for everyone else' is hard to imagine and this is what the argument is about.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

post your address Cockney so we can send the gypises over to camp - if you ask them nicely they might even build you a shed

offtopic - I love English sheds

Comment

Good post Cockney

Comment

• no, that last post was mine, but thanks anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                        no, that last post was mine, but thanks anyway
                        Not that one, the one before

Yours was p1ss poor even by your standards

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH

They're cheap, that's why we have them.

And Irish, don't forget the Irish.
                          Or the welsh(roukes drift etc). since the unification of the british isles under edward 'longshanks', the british army(controlled by the english ) has made sure to pay back those rebelions by ensuring all the damn troublesome celts have died in every main war thereafter. sweet revenge or something?

still i paid back the favour in the medieval total war(viking invasion) pc game recently by taking over most of the uk and making it welsh with 'scotland' controlled by the picts and all of ireland belonging to the irish, the 'english' never even had a chance to exist
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• C0ckney:

Average planning permission applications are refused 10% of the time.

Travellers planning permission applications are refused 85% of the time.

As you said: "a more clear cut case of 'one rule for one group, another for everyone else' is hard to imagine "

The reason that travellers often don't apply for permission before they build is that they know the system is so biased against them they will be refused.

If you want equality, those need to be brought into line as well. Don't buy the predjudiced bullsh1t certain papers are feeding you.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by child of Thor

Or the welsh(roukes drift etc). since the unification of the british isles under edward 'longshanks', the british army(controlled by the english ) has made sure to pay back those rebelions by ensuring all the damn troublesome celts have died in every main war thereafter. sweet revenge or something?
                              Nothing to do with that, every country recruits their poor into their army.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
                                C0ckney:

Average planning permission applications are refused 10% of the time.

Travellers planning permission applications are refused 85% of the time.

As you said: "a more clear cut case of 'one rule for one group, another for everyone else' is hard to imagine "

The reason that travellers often don't apply for permission before they build is that they know the system is so biased against them they will be refused.

If you want equality, those need to be brought into line as well. Don't buy the predjudiced bullsh1t certain papers are feeding you.
                                yep a level playing field is what is needed to stop desperate people using the loop holes to get what they should have had in the first place.
                                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                                X