No announcement yet.

Unscientific survey of 'poly religious beliefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could somebody Ban this religious nut for his stupidity, please!

Stupidity has never led to a banning before, Odin. That's why (insert name here) still posts in those (insert political thread name) threads.
    B♭3

Comment

• I am an agnostic followerer of Jesus Christ and an fallen Catholic.

Jesus Christ. I'm in a similar camp with Ned.
      B♭3

Comment

• Suffering refines if it is endured well. The same process that perfects the good also condemns the bad. You need to appreciate good, thus bad needs to exist. Televangelists get what they deserve and no more. I'm not particularly fond of the term "mystic". I have little interest in reading mass market endtimes books either.

Comment

• Suffering refines if it is endured well.

And it seems that those who do the most suffering also endure it the best. Most of the rich *****es you see wouldn't be able to survive on the streets at all, and live comparitively easy lives.

What's being refined in the poor, the homeless? The ability to live off the scraps of the richers, even better?

I'm not particularly fond of the term "mystic".

Perhaps not, but that's precisely how you're coming across, what with your "darkness is the opposite of light, everyone must suffer for the best, unbelievers are there to test believers" hogwash.

No offense.

I have little interest in reading mass market endtimes books either.

Then we are in accord, here.
          B♭3

Comment

• I take no offense from the term "mystic", but it's just not one I would use or one that I've commonly heard used in my denomination, at least not in a positive sense.

This will seem like the same old thing, but many who are first or highest will ultimately be last or lowest.

Comment

• I at the religious nuts atempt to explain things like natural disasters and personal hardship has some kind of test from God, it smells like social control used so the poor do not demand better conditions.

Comment

• What mortal authorities can do to help, they should.

Comment

• This will seem like the same old thing, but many who are first or highest will ultimately be last or lowest.

I know the beatitudes.

That doesn't bode well for Him on High, does it?
                  B♭3

Comment

Working...
                  X