No announcement yet.

Unscientific survey of 'poly religious beliefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A religion created by a mortal is by definition untrue.

Comment

• Say that to the mormons and the scientologists....Brent.......
      "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

• Or pretty much any monotheistic religion, including christianity and islam. Just because Jesus and Mohammad may have risen from the dead or something later on, doesn't make them less mortal when they were on earth. PWNed.
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

• Actually Jesus didn't rise from the dead, his friends stole his body from that cave so he could be given a proper burial, idiots.

Comment

• Does not scientology admit that it is created by a mortal? The true religion was not created during Jesus' mortality. It has always existed. It was revealed to Adam, Enoch, Noah, and Moses but always lost afterward. Truth is eternal.

Comment

• Noah didn't exist. The ark is a fallacy.... but there was a big flood is Mesopotamia... eons ago.

Comment

• Apparently a river burst it's banks or something and some bloke was on a boat, mayor of Shurruppak or something...and that is where the whole Noah's Ark thing comes from...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorn
                  Actually Jesus didn't rise from the dead, his friends stole his body from that cave so he could be given a proper burial, idiots.
                  1) Any proof? Video tapes?
                  2) What's with the guards?
                  3) What was wrong with his burial?
                  4) So apostles were liars and were dieing for their lies?
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

• 1) God told me so, I have faith in him, he wouldn't lie to me about this.
                    2) ?
                    3) It wasn't what he wanted.
                    4) Pretty Much.

Comment

• um, last time I checked, Christanity is younger than Judaism, not older.
                      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

1) God told me so, I have faith in him, he wouldn't lie to me about this.
                        2) ?
                        3) It wasn't what he wanted.
                        4) Pretty Much.
                        Do You believe in God? No.
                        So if You've heard something, it couldn't have been God, otherwise You would've believed in Him.
                        So it must be your own mind playing tricks at You.
                        You're pathethic troll, Thorn.

Originally posted by Bill3000
                        um, last time I checked, Christanity is younger than Judaism, not older.
                        In historical sense it's true, but Christianity and judaism are two parts of the same. They share the roots which are common for both, and as such, Christianity is as old as judaism. Both it and judaism changed over time.
                        Christianity has the same right to Old-testament prophets as judaism.
                        Middle East!

Comment

• In historical sense it's true, but Christianity and judaism are two parts of the same. They share the roots which are common for both, and as such, Christianity is as old as judaism. Both it and judaism changed over time.
                          That's like saying England should still own the United States.

Oh and yes I believe in God, I didn't up until the point we actually started having conversations.

Comment

That's like saying England should still own the United States.
                            I guess you're unable to understand my point. Oh well.

Oh and yes I believe in God, I didn't up until the point we actually started having conversations.
                            Middle East!

Comment

• Well whatever I believe in him and he believes in me, you can choose your own relationship to God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson

Do You believe in God? No.
                                So if You've heard something, it couldn't have been God, otherwise You would've believed in Him.
                                So it must be your own mind playing tricks at You.
                                You're pathethic troll, Thorn.
                                Thorn = EVC, so of course he's a troll.

In historical sense it's true, but Christianity and judaism are two parts of the same. They share the roots which are common for both, and as such, Christianity is as old as judaism. Both it and judaism changed over time.
                                Judaism would differ tremendously. Also, one should realize that in christianity the old testament is less important than the new testament. (With the exception of religious fanatics who tries to excuse hate ) Also, there's the entire fact that when it comes to the prophecy, Jesus didn't fill the requirements to be the Messiah, so they really arn't the same religions. And philosophically they can be quite different despite people putting labels such as "Judeo-Christianity"; just because they co-existed doesn't mean that they are very similiar.

Comment

Working...
                                X