No announcement yet.

My dog just died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

My condolences.

(I think this thread should be topped.)
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Look on the bright side; you can now make a few bucks at the local Korean restaurant.
        I didn't get it at first.

Sorry to hear about your dog, I have one too.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

I gave it to Alexander's Horse, now I give it to you Oerdin.
          What? I said nothing.

Sorry for your loss - looked like a nice family doggy.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Well look at this way, if somebody said that about a korean restaurant to me face to face, I would send them to the emergency room.

I'm still sad.. but I'll move on with great loss..
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Are you going to bury the dog at home? That can be comforting.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                Are you going to bury the dog at home? That can be comforting.
                Well since my parents are always moving every three years, I'm not sure. I am most certainly going to ask. My parents currently live in Italy and I'm in LA... I'm still sad I wasn't there when my dog died...
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

My friends in VA had a wonderful Westie named Madison. I passed through the state and dropped by for a visit just after they had found out he was terribly sick. Later that week they found out it was liver cancer. Through it all Madison kept acting (or later, trying to act) as though nothing was wrong.

As they say, the plans of [dogs] and men oft go awry, but only men know that they must die.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Well since my parents are always moving every three years, I'm not sure. I am most certainly going to ask. My parents currently live in Italy and I'm in LA... I'm still sad I wasn't there when my dog died...
                    You could have the pet cremated and take it with you.

What do your parents do?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

You could have the pet cremated and take it with you.

What do your parents do?
                      I'm not sure what we will do. We will see.

My parents work for the Department of State.

Comment

When my first dog was dying he was so bad off he didn't move for 12 hours. It appeared he had chosen where to die. But, with the last of his strength he got up and slowly walked to me. He laid down near me and closed his eyes.

You have my condolences.

-
                        "Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog." --Douglas Mallock

Comment

I find that people generally undervalue the grief associated with losing a pet - Christians especially. They will emphasise that there is no place in Heaven for pets - animals just aren't as special as humans. Yet if you spend as much time with a pet as with a person, it figures that the loss of that pet is going to hit like a train.

At least we have the option of minimising the suffering of an animal.
                          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

If I were God, I'd let animals into heaven before humans...
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." --Will Rogers

Comment

My sincerest condolences, Fez. My dog is my best buddy, and I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet. Just take comfort that he had a good life, and was well loved; so many in this world aren't.

Comment

Working...
                                X