My dog just died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming
    So if all you are going to do is thread jack, or post insulting crap, or try to get into a flame war, don't bother to post it... unless you like getting restricted.
    Pass the IP address to me and I'll pass it to a hacker friend of mine.

Thanks for all the support guys.. it really means a lot to me. A lot of my friends are calling me to make sure I'm alright every day now...

My dog will get cremated my parents just told me.. in Udine, Italy...
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Sorry about the loss , Gian . My condolences .

Comment

My dog just died.

So buy another one for your parents. The'll be happy. No?

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Don't work like Spec..

Pass the IP address to me and I'll pass it to a hacker friend of mine.

This really needed Gian?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm sorry Gian. It's never a good feeling when a loved one dies

However, there's usually good to balance out the bad. Back in '94, we had a Grayhound named Legacy that had an inoperable tumor. He was in a lot of pain so we decided to have him put down. Three days later, a woman brought a stray Whippet that she thought was a Grayhound to the dogtrack where my father was Racing Coordinator. Sally's been a great part of our family ever since.
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Just get another one - problem solved!
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

You can replace the dog but not the memories you had with the dog. My dog died of cancer to but that was 10 years ago. I have not replaced her only cause when the die it hurts.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Unfortunately that is an occupational hazard with pets as their lifespans are far shorter than ours - maybe one should avoid having a pet at all if it is ultimately going to cause that much pain?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                    Unfortunately that is an occupational hazard with pets as their lifespans are far shorter than ours - maybe one should avoid having a pet at all if it is ultimately going to cause that much pain?
                    but on the flipside you dont get to enjoy the days of pleasure with the pet you have.
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

That's sad, Carl
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                        but on the flipside you dont get to enjoy the days of pleasure with the pet you have.
                        However you say that your dog died ten years ago but haven't replaced it because it hurt.

It seems to me that the pain of having your pet die outweighed the pleasure you derived from it - otherwise you would have got another one.

Hence the point I made about perhaps not getting one in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

However you say that your dog died ten years ago but haven't replaced it because it hurt.

It seems to me that the pain of having your pet die outweighed the pleasure you derived from it - otherwise you would have got another one.

Hence the point I made about perhaps not getting one in the first place...
                          no I stated I havent replaced the dog I have two cats now only because We live on the 3 rd floor and dont want to walk a dog down two flights of stairs to let it go do his biz.

Comment

I'm not getting another pet unfortunately. I can't. I can't get attached to someone this much and have to go through the pain of losing again...

I have a boyfriend, and I'm not comparing him to a pet (no lol).. but to as a mutual partner and friend.. if anything I'm going to get even more attached to him after this..
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                              I'm not getting another pet unfortunately. I can't. I can't get attached to someone this much and have to go through the pain of losing again...

I have a boyfriend, and I'm not comparing him to a pet (no lol).. but to as a mutual partner and friend.. if anything I'm going to get even more attached to him after this..
                              come on gian you were looking at getting a doberman before this one died why not do it? A new dog can give you comfort too

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

come on gian you were looking at getting a doberman before this one died why not do it? A new dog can give you comfort too
                                I live in apartment. A doberman in a studio apartment.. that's not good... especially when the apartment management forbids pets. My parents also don't want anymore pets...

Comment

Working...
                                X