My dog just died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajbera
    My sincerest condolences, Fez. My dog is my best buddy, and I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet. Just take comfort that he had a good life, and was well loved; so many in this world aren't.
    She did have a good life and I did treat her well... she was a family member practically.. she had her own dog bed too... it is going to be hard getting rid of her bed and chew toys..

Oerdin, honestly I think it was ****ty and if someone said to me I would probably break their ribs.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I also like my dog as he is a great pet plus I was sad when the other two family dogs died, however, I recognize that dogs are not people. I was much more saddened by the deaths of my grandparents or my mother then by the death of a dog. I'm sure people value their pets as I value mine but it is not of the same caliber as the dearh of a human being.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I realize some people can form extreme bonds with animals though. I recall seeing, on more then one occation, while in Iraq an Arab man riding around in his truck with his goat in the front seat while his wife and daughter had to ride in the back of the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
          Oerdin, honestly I think it was ****ty and if someone said to me I would probably break their ribs.
          Alright man. I'm sorry for offending you. I've lost pets too and it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

What? I said nothing.

Sorry for your loss - looked like a nice family doggy.
            When my cat died oh yes you did... Don't worry, I haven't held it against you. But I recycled the picture.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I'm not sure what we will do. We will see.
              If you cremate you won't have to worry about worms or burrowing rodents.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

If you cremate you won't have to worry about worms or burrowing rodents.
                I'll pass the idea to my parents.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Everybody get out the wet noodle andstart whipping oredin.
                  Sorry gian for your loss
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

I'll pass the idea to my parents.
                    It's what we did with Sammy. There's a pet cemetary down in Carson City, but that's like 30-45 minutes drive south of us. We could have burried her in our backyard, but that creeps me out. So her ashes reside in a little box on the fireplace mantle downstairs with her collar, leash, and a toy.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, GianCarlos.
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Hmmm... I've just spent some time deleting a bunch of crap from this thread...

One person is suspended and anybody else that wants to be a complete jerk can join them.

So if all you are going to do is thread jack, or post insulting crap, or try to get into a flame war, don't bother to post it... unless you like getting restricted.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sorry to hear this Gian, I'm no fan of dogs but yours was cute. Take care, my condolences . I hope you feel better soon!
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            So if all you are going to do is thread jack, or post insulting crap, or try to get into a flame war, don't bother to post it... unless you like getting restricted.
                            Exactly, that's what PMs are for.

Gian, sorry about your dog.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

who was banned? we need to organise care packages
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I hope I wasn't banned.
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X