No announcement yet.

Fat Polytubbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admit that I'm very overweight, but I believe that what is considered the "norm" in BMI is rediculous. I've seen many people who are MUCH more overweight than me.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

The calculater states my bmi is 20.2
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

He must be.

90 pounds over my weight and close to the same height.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Be honest in the poll, if your BMI is 25.1, you are overweight, it does not matter is your only .2 there.

77kg and 1.76m = 24.9
          170 lb and 5' 9" = 25.1

Which should I use.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

the one with the real units.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I am only overweight in America. How ironic.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

I appear to be exactly the same height and weight as Dauphin. It's a weight I carry well.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Woohoo I'm normal.

First time for everyhting I guess.
                    Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Anyone know the actual SI formula for BMI? It seems to be a form of two-dimensional mass density (kg/m^2), so I'd guess something akin to m/A, though I wouldn't know about how exactly the height gets transformed into a unit of area instead. /shrug
                      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

21.7, but I'm still a little overweight. My waist is still pudgy, and I can't fit into pants I could when I was a teenager. Even 32's are a little tight for me. I used to wear 30 sized waist.

I did get down to 133 pounds last year after losing 50 pounds of weight, but I gained 10 pounds back.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                          Here's the problem with the BMI

5'7"
                          220lbs
                          BMI 34.5

I'm not obese, or even 'chubby'. There's no account taken for muscle.
                          I'm going to have to pull the bull**** flag.

You are telling me you are 5'7" and 220 pounds!

You must be built like Arnold Swarchenegger was in the 70's then.

Comment

25.9 - slightly overweight

This test doesn't take into account age or ethnic differences. Older people tend to carry a bit more of a spread due to the forces of age and gravity.
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

"Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

This test doesn't take into account age or ethnic differences. Older people tend to be fatter

yup.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X