No announcement yet.

McDonalds more credible than Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we have such silly catch phrases such as "the Axis of Evil," and "Outposts of Tyranny," there is no doubt the brand will suffer.

I must say that these remind me of the titles of Dungeons and Dragons modules.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Aggie, even you can do better then quoting Mrs. Klein.

Didn't anyone read my disclaimer in the OP? I quote this article because I thought it was well-written and funny (esp the bit about the bagged heart attacks).

I have a copy of Klein's book somewhere. It's a bit dull and obviously written by a journo. But what the hell, I'd still **** her.

The economist, unlike the Guardian, actually is an objective news source which clearly seporates editorial content from factual reporting. HERE is what The Economist had to say about Mrs. Klein.

The Economist is a dull, lowbrow, rag with pretensions to being a news magazine. It's the sort of thing that executives buy at the airport so that they'll look "sophisticated" and "well-informed".

About the only print publication I read regularly is the NYROB. That's a relatively serious rag.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

I agree with Sava. Most left-wing publications tend to be as loony as Rush Limbaugh. I may be a leftie, but I want objective NEWS, not propaganda, right-wing OR left-wing. The only leftie radio guy I know of who is not looney is Ed Schultz.

NPR:

Comment

NPR is indeed an excellent source for news and information. One of the hallmarks of a real journalistic organization is that it treats opposing views fairly and in context. NPR and PBS's news programs do this while The Guardian and often FOX do not. Papers like the NY Times or the LA
          Times both are center left in their editorial pages and in the issues they choice to cover but both do a good job keeping editorials and factual reports at arm's length.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            I stopped reading when she portrayed Tom Friedman as Bush's stooge...
            It's apt, though. Friedman was a super huge war booster.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
              When we have such silly catch phrases such as "the Axis of Evil," and "Outposts of Tyranny," there is no doubt the brand will suffer.

Don't forget 'Operation Iron Hammer'.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                I stopped reading when she portrayed Tom Friedman as Bush's stooge...
                I stopped reading at the "Israel's apartheid wall" comment.

Drivel.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Beat you,

I stopped reading at thread starter Agathon.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                    Beat you,

I stopped reading at thread starter Agathon.
                    I had a similar thought since I agree with Aggie about as often as my lotto numbers come up, but what the hell... it's a slow work day.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It's apt, though. Friedman was a super huge war booster.

When did the war in Iraq become the only metric by which we label a person's political views?
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It is a case study of alot of different political mechanisms and underhanded Machiavellian crap that goes on in today's world, so someone's views on it can say alot about them.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          Sooooooo true
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Point well taken Drake.

After all, by that metric, I'm among the staunchest of the left.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                            X