France to Strike on Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giancarlo
    Tell me (to any frenchman here).. how does it feel that unions have more power then voters even though they represent less then 10% of the population? You guys should change how the system works, reduce their power...
    You just hate the fact that workers (i.e the little guy) have power, eh? Sorry, no big corporate overlord to rule things here.

elitist scum
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

elitist scum
      Yep, he's just a rotten, spoilled, Daddy's boy, like Bush. No wonder he like Bush so much. He doesn't know how the real world works.

Comment

Tell me (to any frenchman here).. how does it feel that unions have more power then voters even though they represent less then 10% of the population? You guys should change how the system works, reduce their power...
        The voters voted overwhelmingly against Chirac and his ilk in every election since 2002. However, since these were local or European elections, Chirac didn't change his policies. The voters are in their large majority in agreement with the strikers' agenda. Our institutions simply don't empower the voters, who were ****ed by the politicians.

Between two presidential/parliamentary elections (every five years), there is no power in the hands of the population because of the way our institutions work. The Unions are the closest thing we have of popular sovereignity during the interelection period. So, you don't have a fight between "illegitimate strikers" and a government that has the democratic backing of the French population. You have a fight between largely supported strikers and a government that has become widely loathed in its 3 years of existence, to the point that Chirac's party would lose the Parliament if elections were held today.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

what some people forget is that the reason why Chirac was elected in the first place was because of a huge emabarrasement of the French Electoral system.

If no candidate for Prez recieves 50% of the vote, it goes to a runoff with the top two. In an electoral stunner, Jean-Marie LePen (FP), the fascist ex-paratrooper who did Dien Bien Phu recieved more votes then Lionel Jospins (PS.) The result was that the top two vote getters were on the right, JM LePen and Chirac. Chirac could not lose that election, because JM LePen is a loonie, any everyone had to vote for Chirac.

its partly the left wing voters fault because many of them voted for the smaller parties in the first round.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
            You just hate the fact that workers (i.e the little guy) have power, eh? Sorry, no big corporate overlord to rule things here.

elitist scum
            Am I really elitist? Afterall, from what I read in this thread... unions represent 7% of the population? Who is elitist now? And **** you.

Odin:

Yep, he's just a rotten, spoilled, Daddy's boy, like Bush. No wonder he like Bush so much. He doesn't know how the real world works.
            Oh I don't? You moron, I'm just about $12,000 in debt.. and I'm 19. Already that much in debt. So please don't give me this **** about being spoiled. You want to know how much I have in my checkings account? $65. That's right sixty five dollars. And that has to last me till Thursday. So please go **** yourself. I don't know how the real world works? Wake up, I live in the real world. You probably still live with your parents. I live 5,000-6,000 miles away from my parents!
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

you live in LA, the cancer of california. thats not the real world.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                you live in LA, the cancer of california. thats not the real world.
                you should jump of a building. you are a cancer to the world.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

link?

Comment

link?

Best use of "link?" I've ever seen! :rofl:
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

link?
                      You are an idiot, ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, ah ha ha ha ha. Three smiley faces alternate blinking black and white that you are being called an idiot and laughed at. A great link prank that loops repeatedly.

Comment

You probably still live with your parents.
                        No, I don't.

And Fargo is a much better town than LA.

Comment

Working...
                        X