LA: We are bad voters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRT144
    q, what does that make bakersfield and fresno?
    I'd have to agree. Frenso (or as we Californians like to call it "Fres-hole") is the anus of the state with Bakersfield some sort of cancerous growth or hemroid growing on the anus so LA so LA would have to be the choad or maybe just a butt cheek.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

soo true. bakersfield and fresno are so insignificant that i-5 doesnt even pass through either of them. i would never live in LA. SD is only slightly better. socal has too many highways, too many suburbs, too much growth, too many malls. (too many mexicans? nah, jk.)
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

CHICAGO PWNS j00 ALL
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          CHICAGO PWNS j00 ALL
          ROFLMAO EVERYONE KNOWS PITTSBURGH PWNINATES ALL OTHER CITES
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Imran, this city is bleeding.. we need someone new.
            LA "bleeding"

EDIT: Guys, stop the city fighting. There is no need to quarrel as long as we all agree: LA SUCKZORZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
            Last edited by mrmitchell; March 9, 2005, 01:23.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
              ROFLMAO EVERYONE KNOWS PITTSBURGH PWNINATES ALL OTHER CITES
              Pittsburgh sucks .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                SD is only slightly better. socal has too many highways, too many suburbs, too much growth, too many malls. (too many mexicans? nah, jk.)
                What are you talking about? In SD we actually preserve open space, redevelop existing urban areas instead of virgin areas, plus we have a great light rail system which LA can only dream of. All that and great surfing.

Comment

Arkansas > Chicago > Pittsburgh > San Diego > Mingapulco > Tierra del Fuego > Rahcaltraz > Los Angeles
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Arkansas?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

What are you talking about? In SD we actually preserve open space, redevelop existing urban areas instead of virgin areas, plus we have a great light rail system which LA can only dream of. All that and great surfing.
                      I'd love to live in San Diego only if there's a job available. Everytime I visit SD I don't want to leave. Terrific town.
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

sure, but its spread out, the navy is constantly making noise, you need a car to go anywhere, and a write in candidate got elected for mayor. plus the only housing i can afford is in the suburbs, in depressing one story houses 20 minutes by car from anything, surrounded by miles of the similar style houses with no trees, or people on the sidewalks.
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                          LA

Chicago > LA
                          New York > LA
                          Atlanta > LA
                          Boston > LA
                          New Orleans > LA

although I will say...

Philadelphia < LA
                          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

sure, but its spread out, the navy is constantly making noise, you need a car to go anywhere, and a write in candidate got elected for mayor. plus the only housing i can afford is in the suburbs, in depressing one story houses 20 minutes by car from anything, surrounded by miles of the similar style houses with no trees, or people on the sidewalks.
                            You have me on the NAvy making noise. I live a mile away from where the Navy used to do Top Gun and the noise could get pretty loud during training or during the air show. Luckily they shut down operations after 6pm so the nights a blissfully quiet. As for needing a car it really depends upon which part of town you live in because the trolley covers everything south of Mission Valley including the valley itself but if you go north of that the developments were made in the 70's or 80's before we put the open space regulations on the books. They're trying to get the trolley line pushed up our area but the city is currently going through a financial crisis is gripping the state so no one has money to fund big projects.

I do wish Donna Fry had won the election for mayor (she was the write in candidate) since she was the best candidate hands down while both of the Republican & Democratic candidates were boring politics as usual types. Unfortunately, she lost by 200-300 votes dispite the fact that her name wasn't on the ballot and everyone had to write it in. Personally, I think it is a reflection of a healthy democracy that Independents stand a realistic chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              What wrong with having fat people in your city?
                              Nothing, they give the city gravitas.
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

plus the only housing i can afford is in the suburbs, in depressing one story houses 20 minutes by car from anything, surrounded by miles of the similar style houses with no trees, or people on the sidewalks.
                                BTW I moved out to the burbs because I it was where I could afford to buy housing but it isn't the classic LA style subdivision and instead is a mid 70's mixed use area with plenty of eucalyptus trees, open space, a lake, a small creek, and a nice little shopping center is only a block away. Many people walk here we have our own civic association which puts on local plays in the park (which has an amp theater) & plays sports to raise money for local charities. The place is very walk able and many people do walk rather then drive to the coffee shop, the country store, or one of the restaurants down the block. These places exist you just have to look for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X