No announcement yet.

LA: We are bad voters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you dont pay any subsidies, we give you money for all those highways that you build and maintain. again, if you made all LA drivers pay toll, youd see a public transportation system that would work, and LA would insteantly stop expanding.

how can we starve when you take all our water - it would mean abundant resources for the rest of the state, and lower prices too. we would be like spain throwing off the yoke of the facsist franco, or the conservative party of spain getting swept out of office, and finally being able to live in peace, safety, with healthy lives. a greater california then we have now.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
      you dont pay any subsidies, we give you money for all those highways that you build and maintain. again, if you made all LA drivers pay toll, youd see a public transportation system that would work, and LA would insteantly stop expanding.

how can we starve when you take all our water - it would mean abundant resources for the rest of the state, and lower prices too. we would be like spain throwing off the yoke of the facsist franco, or the conservative party of spain getting swept out of office, and finally being able to live in peace, safety, with healthy lives. a greater california then we have now.
      You are a liar. We pay for ourselves. You are a hypocrite, let alone a liar. I hate liars you know that? We pay for you to live. You don't have us, you die in famine.

you should kick yourself in the head.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• You are a liar. We pay for ourselves. You are a hypocrite, let alone a liar. I hate liars you know that? We pay for you to live. You don't have us, you die in famine.
        you dont pay for water, you dont pay for the highways, you dont pay for the millions of dollars in health costs due to adverse effects of carbon monoxide poisoning. all you do is latch onto the host (california) and suck suck suck suck. you bend the rest of the state over the couch and give it to us harshly and painfully.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• we pay for our highways, we pay for our healthcosts and we pay for our services. we pay the most taxes. so **** you.

"give it to us harshly and painfully."

Bend over. You'll take it like you deserve it. i'm big too in that area.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• thats not what your skater boi told me.

Comment

thats not what your skater boi told me.
              You never talked with him before. In fact i'm pretty big and he'll say that. now bend over.

Comment

• yeah i did, just the other day. he told me he wasnt satisfied.

Comment

yeah i did, just the other day. he told he wasnt satisfied.
                  no you didn't.. you don't even know his name.. and he is my bf and he very much is satisfied with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                    There are many exotic neighboorhoods here that own other cities.

Malibu, Palos Verdes, and all the beach cities except for Venice are really nice and unique areas.

LA is the most diverse city in the entire country, and that's what's so great about it.
                    LA as a whole is more diverse than NYC, but Queens in NY is the most diverse county in the country.

From census:
                    LA

Foreign born persons, percent, 2000 40.9%
                    Language other than English spoken at home, pct age 5+, 2000 57.8%

Queens County, One of the 5 counties of NYC

Foreign born persons, percent, 2000 46.1%
                    Language other than English spoken at home, pct age 5+, 2000 53.6%

NYC as a whole:

Foreign born persons, percent, 2000 35.9%
                    Language other than English spoken at home, pct age 5+, 2000 47.6%

What astounds me:
                    Pop density of NYC: 26,402.9 people per square mile
                    Manhattan: 66,940.1
                    LA: 7,876.8
                    San Fran. 16,634.4

There you see the obvious reason why Public transportation is fine for San Fran and crucial for NYC, but not as huge a hit for LA. Chicago, which also has an OK public transit system has a density of 12,750.3 people per square mile.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo
                      I think a little thing about Villaraigosa and Enron would wake you up a little bit.
                      Oh, please do elaborate. I'm waiting to hear how you think this was "corruption."
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                      X