No announcement yet.

Why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my closest friends almost died a month ago, from a bad reaction to his meds. He's a paranoid schizophrenic who before he got onto proper meds used to self-medicate with pot. Pot just made his mental illness even worse, and is much more difficult to treat.

Um... and you don't drink like a fish if you're a diabetic.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

You know what I'm going with BK on this one. Apparently it's harmed me and there are a lot of psychiatrists who deal with wards of people my age and younger with schitzophrenia that really shouldn't, because of weed. Smoking reasonable amounts on rare occasions as an adult is ok, but too many kids of 15/16 and younger start, when the brain hasn't fully developed and long-term damage can be caused.

If I were to speak in strictly logical terms, then I would go for libertarianism and legalise it, but you can't run a society on very logical libertarian terms simply because people are just far too stupid. I haven't refuted keeping it legal like alcohol, and certainly that would undermine drug dealers and the gateway drug phenomenon, but then I'm yet to be convinced entirely between the two available options.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Wow I really am a complete schitzophrenic with this issue aren't I?
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

People with schizophrenia should not smoke weed.

People with diabetes should not drink Scotch heavily.

People with haemophilia should not inject heroin.

Healthy adults who wish to enjoy marijuana should be able to without the fun police busting them.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

I support restricted marijuana sales. It should be regulated like alcohol and tobacco - like no sales to children.

Alcohol causes mental illness in some people too.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Ok that's good

Comment

<-- see location field

Of course. And why stop at pot?
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Indeed, why stop at pot?
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Um... and you don't drink like a fish if you're a diabetic.
                    Pot is supposed to be harmless, why would people bother warning you that if you have a mental illness, that pot will make it worse?

I didn't even know that myself, until I got a chance to talk to my friend.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Pot is supposed to be harmless

????

Noithing IS harmless, why expect it from pot?
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

I hear that all the time.

Pot is harmless. Pot has a medicinal benefit for many conditions, not met by current medications. Pot is less harmful than cigarettes.

The list goes on.

The truth takes quite a bit longer to put on her shoes.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Pot is supposed to be harmless, why would people bother warning you that if you have a mental illness, that pot will make it worse?

Because it is harmless if taken by healthy adults in moderate amounts.

I knew a guy who drank a bottle of rum a day and killed himself with drink. That doesn't mean that alcohol is harmful to healthy people in moderate amounts.

Hell, if you have a heart condition, sex can be fatal. Are we going to ban sex too?
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Because it is harmless if taken by healthy adults in moderate amounts.

I knew a guy who drank a bottle of rum a day and killed himself with drink. That doesn't mean that alcohol is harmful to healthy people in moderate amounts.

Hell, if you have a heart condition, sex can be fatal. Are we going to ban sex too?
                            and fast food, don't forget that!
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

People who have never smoked pot have unrealistic ideas about what it does.

It turns you into a giggling, happy, hungry idiot, and that's about it.

Side effects for me included bloodshot eyes, a new appreciation for reggae, and a sore face from smiling too much.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Don't forge the heavy legs, oohh and the colors dude..don't forget about the colors... :hyppie:

Comment

Working...
                                X