Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is my last night as a third shift QC tech in New Jersey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my last night as a third shift QC tech in New Jersey.

...and in less than a month, I'm heading to Kansas.

Feeling kinda sad, I've spent four years of my life here, and thirty-eight years in New Jersey, but it's time I moved on. I'm going to miss a lot of guys here, and I know I'll never see or hear from most of them again, because that's what has always happened when friends have moved away. Some of the work was fun, some wasn't, as is usually the case with a job.

I know I will miss the eight uninterrerupted hours of solitude in this lab, accompanied only by a computer with high speed web access. It's really the main reason I stayed on here for as long as I have.

It hasn't "hit" me yet, but I think it's starting to.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Are you saying you aren't going to be posting so much no more, former neighbor?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Kansas is flat and boring.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

So what are you going to be doing in Kansas?
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Well, if you ever need a recipe for a Caesar Salad...

Is this a good job in Kansas?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Watch out for those Kansas Twisters, Dorthy...
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Kansas is flat and boring.
              KCMO is anything but flat and boring.

Yes, it probably mean I won't be posting as much anymore, at least at these hours. It depends on what the new job has in terms of workload and internet policy.

I haven't looked for a job there yet, this is a swan dive into the Abyss. I will be staying with my folks until I have a job, then work a few months and get a place. Should be a fun six months or so. Depending on how it works out, I'll be there anywhere between five years and forever. If it dosen't, there's another 48 states to try out.

...and yes Drose, I'll be careful of twisters.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Keep in touch man. I have a job like yours, and I've been dreading the day when I'll have to go back to working for a living.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                X