Israeli students organize strike using SMS and ICQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it worked for the commies... oh wait
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What is there to organize with a strike?

You either go to work/whatever, or you don't...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And for the record, what the hell are you whining about.

We get 2 months of summer and like 2 weeks off for Christmas/"winter break" already, and you guys are off to protest and strike?

They ought to conscript the lot of them and send them out.

Further, this isn't groundbreaking at all. Informal strikes happens all the time, whether it's through a "telephone tree' system or other forms of word of mouth.

Some preppy ****er girls at my HS organized a strike similarly by sending out a message to our school's ICQ Group (yes we had one...) and emails to everyone she knew, which forwarded to their friends...

About 2 kids actually bothered, since it was to "defend the teachers" who demand more money every year...

This was 5 years ago, BTW.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

We get 2 months of summer and like 2 weeks off for Christmas/"winter break" already, and you guys are off to protest and strike?
          Do you have upto 42 hours per week?
          money sqrt evil;
          My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
            Says the Israeli.
            0.2 on the troll effort.
            0.02 on the IQ level.

Comment

Originally posted by muxec
              Do you have upto 42 hours per week?
              Excluding homework? 8am-3:30pm were the hours, homework was a lot on top of that.

Comment

I don't know.

I could see myself picketing my university, but not my high school, even though we had to fight hard to get the courses that I got to take. Two years after I left, the admin cut them due to 'budgetary constraints'.

I'd picket the uni to improve the educational system by reforming the entry requirements. It's crazy that folks with an 80 percent average won't get in to university.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                X