Favourite Soundbites of the 20th Century

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Soundbites of the 20th Century

- Houston ...Tranquility Base here, the Eagle has landed.

FDR, Kennedy.

there really isn't anything else noteworthy

Comment

Let's go!

-Yuri Gagarin, first human in space.

oh, and FDR I like him a lot ( unlike Kennedy)
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

What happened to just fallin in love with a nigga with a bus pass ??? Eddie Griffin
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

- My friends: We did it. We weren't just marking time. We made a difference. We made the city stronger. We made the city freer, and we left her in good hands. All in all, not bad, not bad at all.

Comment

April 3, 1968

You are demanding that this city will respect the dignity of labor. So often we overlook the work and the significance of those who are not in professional jobs, of those who are not in the so-called big jobs. But let me say to you tonight that whenever you are engaged in work that serves humanity and is for the building of humanity, it has dignity and it has worth.
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

I am getting impatient.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Edit: Bah...
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

1988, Margaret Hilda Thatcher:

" And you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, there are families. "

" We Wish to Inform You that Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families. "

Rwanda 15th April 1994

" Seven pastors from the Seventh Day Adventist Church in Rwanda wrote to the Adventist president, Elizaphan Ntakirutimana, asking him for protection. The letter contained the title of this book and added 'your intervention will be highly appreciated'.

The seven pastors were Tutsis. The president, who was Hutu, did intervene.

He invited Tutsis to gather at the Adventist headquarters at Mugonero, near Lake Kivu. Here, apart from the church and the administrative offices, there was a hospital in which Pastor Ntakirutimana's son, Dr Gerard, was a doctor, trained in America.

By 12 April the hospital had become packed with hundreds of Tutsis, many of them horribly mutilated by bullet or machete wounds. There were also some Hutus in the hospital but Dr Gerard organised their departure. He then locked the pharmacy, and said he could not treat the remainder 'because they are Tutsis'. Soldiers and militiamen began to surround the Adventist complex, and Dr Gerard and his father, the pastor, were seen driving around with their commanders. The Tutsis asked them what would happen to them. The pastor's response was: 'Your problem has already found a solution. You must die...God no longer wants you.' "

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Here's mine.

August 28, 1963

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal." I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today. "
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

That's a very good one.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X