No announcement yet.

The Metal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now I know where I heard Nightwish before. I have some of their songs on my hard drive . Back in the Audiogalaxy days we used to swap songs with other Apolytoners.

They are one of of those band that are on my hard drive, even though I only listen to them once .

actually though I was listening to Elvenpath. It's not a bad song. And it's fairly heavy (towards the middle)

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
      Opeth sucks.

Check out Fantomas. Their second album had some absolutely jaw-dropping covers -- The Godfather, Rosemary's Baby, etc. Their latest, "Delirium Cordia", is a single track clocking in at 74 minutes. That should be enough for anyone. It's too much for me.
      Most of Opeth's songs suck, but they have a few songs that are pretty cool. I deleted all the sucky ones from my hard drive, but kept the decent ones.

and some of their better songs are actually covers

I'm listening to Circle of Tyrants, a Celtic Frost cover.

Yep, I'm a Celtic Frost fan.

edit: now I'm listening to Deliverance. Opeth is a strange band. Some of their **** is cool, some sucks. The first 2/3 of this long ass song sucks, but I like the last 1/3 alot.
      Last edited by Dis; March 1, 2005, 22:02.

Comment

anyone ever hear of OTEP?

they don't seem to be listed in your precious Metal Archives. I guess they don't have every band. . But they are listed on BNR metal pages.

They aren't real good, but it's not often you hear chicks sing in music that heavy. I got 2 songs from them. Warhead, and Buried Alive

Comment

They're not listed because Metal Archives doesn't list ****ty mallcore bands.

They are so awful. For aggressive female vocals, I'd much rather go for something like Opera IX and I don't even like Opera IX very much. I can't stand the Otep girl's voice; I hate it when she starts whining and whimpering...gah

And there is nothing wrong with Opeth, you people. Sure, they haven't been as great as they used to be. The last truly great album they released was Still Life, but still all of their albums have their moments.
          Last edited by Namaste; March 1, 2005, 22:46.
          We're falling from ecstasy...

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

For a second there, I read "big hairy boobs" and was about to call you a freak
            Hairy boobs

Ozzy, check out the early Demon stuff. Not the best NWOBHM band. But far from the worst...

And if its agressive female vocals you want. Arch Enemy has plenty. I didn´t know a woman could growl that deep
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Yay, I got some money to buy tickets to the Judas Priest concert this saturday It´s gonna be a sweet weekend. First Metal on saturday, then the start of the F1 season on sunday.

Comment

I've seen Opeth and Rammstein in concert.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I've seen Rammstein but no Opeth .

BUT I SAW TEH ENTOMBED AND MOSHED AND STAGEDIVED LIKE OLD SKOOL
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I've never stage dived. I do have this hard case where I can put my glasses in, and put them in my pocket. That allows me to go into the mosh pit. I can only do that for a short period of time though. I'm a wimp, it can get intense, and I get tired. but the case allows me to protect my glasses from being broken. I've never had them broken.

Comment

Got a question for all the british folks my sister copied a new cd for fo of adam ant i Know he aint metal but the question is did this guy go ****ing nuts a while back?
                      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

I'd never stage dive. It requires too much trust in people.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Well stage diving requires that you be on stage.... so I haven't done that.

Crowd surfed though, I've done it plenty of times, its awesome. Except when they drop you.... damn it!

I'm always in the pit if I can be. What's the fun of a concert if you're just gonna sit on your ass and watch them? You gotta experience the concert, and that's what the Pit is for.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The Judas Priest concert was quite nice. We got crappy seats though (I´m old, no pit for me anymore ) Since this was the Reunion Concert they played almost one track from every album (not the Ripper ones obviously...), as a kind of retrospective. They also played like 5 tracks from the new album, so there wasn´t a lot of time left for personal favourites like "Jawbreaker" and "Freewheel Burning". In fact no tracks at all from "Defenders...", my favourite album Instead they played boring tracks like "Hot Rockin´" from the spectacularly uninteresting "Point of Entry" and "The Green Manalishi..." from "Killing Machine". And they managed to destroy "Victim of Changes with an extremly crappy and boring "guitar solo" from KK Downing...

But they played my all time favourite track "Beyond the Realms of Death" and the new tracks were excellent! So all in all it was a pleasant evening

Comment

Whos the lead singer for Judas Priest now? Rob Halford was did they get back together? J.P. had a double cd out bout 8 yers ago it had all the best songs on it. Needless to say I got that one in my divorce.
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Rob Halford is back! And I dare say that Priest has never been better. The new album is packed with Heavy Metal of very best Priest brand. Amazing that they can be so good still... They even evolved. The song "Revolution" is very Led Zeppelin influenced, the vocals, the beat, the guitars... And "Lochness" is the longest Priest track ever, clocking in at just over thirteen minutes...

I just can´t get enough of this album, it gets better and better all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X