Correctional Service of Canada: No Whites Need Apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GePap
    Well, actually poor white men are NOT as downtrodden as a group as poor black men- after all, in the US about 1/3 of all black males are, or have been in prison, which is an endlessly greaster problem for getting any sort of employment, specially in private firms that have no affirmative action policies. And in many states that means they also lose their right to vote. AND they die earliert than any other group.
    So the fact that black men tend to eat more of the wrong foods and excersize less then white men is my fault how? You love to trot out that "blacks are more likely to be in jail" line all the time but lets compare apples to apples. What is the incarceration rate for poor urban people in general? What percentage of poor urban white males or poor urban hispanic males or poor urban Asian males vs poor urban black males.

The dividing issue should be if someone is poor not what their race is.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

@ thread
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Perhaps, but I would like to hear the argument made and the policy defended.
        I agree. I would have also liked to have heard the argument. Given the makeup of the SCC I tend to think it would be a slam dunk for the government but who knows.

My other beef with AA is that it sterotypes . In law school one of my classmates was a black woman in the AA admission program. Despite the fact that she was the daughter of a dentist and a surgeon, FINANCIAL assistance was an automatic part of the program with no variation for individual circumstances. Several of the other program participants were also from affluent backgrounds.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
          My other beef with AA is that it sterotypes . In law school one of my classmates was a black woman in the AA admission program. Despite the fact that she was the daughter of a dentist and a surgeon, FINANCIAL assistance was an automatic part of the program with no variation for individual circumstances. Several of the other program participants were also from affluent backgrounds.
          Damn!! So that is where my financial assistance went! I think I will be repaying loans in my Will.

Sava - Wake up man. We could be talking about the budget about to come down.....
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Well I think Canada does better than the US on this -- I wonder if I can scare up some stats?-- Right now its just a feeling based on the larger black and hispanic populations in the US that seem to be generally poorer.

Diss

Is it ok to steal a thousand dollars from a very rich man?? That would seem to be the same logic . . . They are doing ok so screw 'em.

I actually support affirmative action generally but I just don't like what I see as crazy absolutism. If you have 90% whites in a type of job when they are 50% of the population, why not hire 75% minorities from now on.

It may take a little longer but you should get a better overall workforce and you also don't end up with a workforce segregated racially by seniority. As well on a fairness issue, you don't totally slam the career chances of a young white guy to enter a given field. I hate any system where a very good person is excluded regardless even if they exhibit superior merit.
            1000 dollars from a rich man? What do you think liberalism is? Tax the rich and spend on the poor. And make no mistake about it. Taxes are stealing.

and yes I'm a liberal.

Comment

without affirmitive action, we would not have Condoleeza Rice as secretary of state of the U.S.

oh wait, bad argument. *runs away*

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

1000 dollars from a rich man? What do you think liberalism is? Tax the rich and spend on the poor. And make no mistake about it. Taxes are stealing.

and yes I'm a liberal.
                Stealing is illegally taking people's money.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

and yes I'm a liberal.

I think "protection racket" is a better analogy.

A modern democracy is a protection racket ran by the people for the people. It is far better than a feudal monarchy or an absolute dictatorship or any nonsense like that, because those are protection rackets ran by the affluent for the affluent.

Anarchy is an interesting notion, but I suspect that a government of some sort will be necessary as long as humans are around other humans. And, on the whole, I'd rather have a good government than any other kind, including "minimal".
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                    [I think "protection racket" is a better analogy.

A modern democracy is a protection racket ran by the people for the people. It is far better than a feudal monarchy or an absolute dictatorship or any nonsense like that, because those are protection rackets ran by the affluent for the affluent.

Anarchy is an interesting notion, but I suspect that a government of some sort will be necessary as long as humans are around other humans. And, on the whole, I'd rather have a good government than any other kind, including "minimal".
                    I have a hard time with the idea that government is only by or for the affluent. If that was the case, taxes would be much flatter than they are now and everyone would be convinced that this was "fair".
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I have a hard time with the idea that government is only by or for the affluent. If that was the case, taxes would be much flatter than they are now and everyone would be convinced that this was "fair".

You may want to read my post again.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo

You may want to read my post again.

ah rereading . . .. I now wonder who you think that current governments are a protection racket for. Who is protecting whom ??

Comment

boohoo.

Whites get so many advantages, who really cares if other groups are brought back to a level playing field.
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Whites get so many advantages, who really cares if other groups are brought back to a level playing field.
                            One reason is because it sets a bad practice. Well you could say continues and condones a bad practice since instead of "No Blacks Need Apply" they simply changed the race.

Comment

it helps us white people get over the guilt of being white.

you kind of feel bad. you are born, and things come easy to you. And they don't come easy to other people.

Comment

It's nice to see people defending racial discrimination.

Comment

Working...
                                X