Republicans to Become Communists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republicans to Become Communists

What is the difference between the Communist party in China and the Republican party in America? Other than the obvious. I guess my question is, why do some many communists support the party in China and denounce the party in America?

Both are extremely conservative holding their own values above those of minorities or other nations.

Both are building/have built up militaries for aggressive campaigns: the US invasion of another country, China's planned decimation of a neighboring country.

Both support and encourage big business by offering tax breaks and looking the other way on corruption.

Both have government officials either holding high positions in companies or have wealth invested in companies.

Both are corrupt beyond reproach.

Both attempt to restrict civil liberties of their own people.

Both engage in the inhumane torture of prisoners.

Both have a leader who was put into power without the majority of the people's support (at least once in their political careers).

Both promote intolerance of another racial group.

Both encorage patriotism and nationalism as a means to justify their authority.

Both also purport their way of life or culture as being superior and generally more 'good' than others.

Both pay lip service to environment concerns while allowing industry to pollute heavily in the name of economic advancement.

Both ignore the pleas of the working class.

Both support/have supported terrorist organizations or rogue states.

Both behave unilaterally in world politics.

Both restrict freedom of speech.

Both use a philosophy intended for peace and understanding as the backbone and justification of their party, while failing to adhere to any of the requirements of their respective philosophies.

So I wonder: If the Republican Party changed its name to the Communist Party without actually changing any of its policies, would it gain more support from liberals and communists?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

0MFG!!! D0WN W1TH TEH BUSH1TLER !!!!111!!!!

Last edited by Wycoff; February 19, 2005, 12:29.
    I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Tass, although not directly, this is a good question for you.

I imagine I'll anger both sides. Oh well.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

There is a big difference.

China's economy is growing at double digit rates.

The US economy is not.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
            We aren't all connected to a hive mind - I do try to think independently once in a while
            Tass, you've claimed support for the Chinese government, but have condemned the Republicans. I want to know how you can support one ultra-right group and denounce the other.
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
              There is a big difference.

China's economy is growing at double digit rates.

The US economy is not.
              Somehow I doubt that improving the economy will greatly improve Republicans' image among liberals.
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

@ DaShi. Excellent OP
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

China's planned decimation of a neighboring country.

I take it you mean Taiwan, the last remaining province from the Chinese civil war.

It's part of China. What would the US do if part of it seceded? Wait.. we already know.

It's a moot point anyway, Taiwan and China will effectively be merged in 50 years time. Look how many Taiwanese people live in Shanghai.

What''s funny is that the US will be left looking like prats as Taiwan becomes part of China by osmosis.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

What''s funny is that the US will be left looking like prats as Taiwan becomes part of China by osmosis.

I think that's a silly as Hell statement. Cultural exchange is one thing, but Taiwanese government wants voting & self-determination and Chinese doesn't. It's kind of hard for one to voluntarily become part of the other. After all, Hong Kong residents wanted to stay with Britian over going over the China (and as years after that transfer have shown us, for good reason).
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think that's a silly as Hell statement. Cultural exchange is one thing, but Taiwanese government wants voting & self-determination and Chinese doesn't. It's kind of hard for one to voluntarily become part of the other. After all, Hong Kong residents wanted to stay with Britian over going over the China (and as years after that transfer have shown us, for good reason).

Have you noticed that China is becoming more market oriented? Have you noticed that Taiwanese "democracy" has long been a bit of a joke?

In time their social and economic systems will become so similar, and so many people from Taiwan will be living and conducting business in China. The Taiwanese are ethnically Chinese - in a few decades any reason for Taiwan's separate existence will have disappeared, and people will have forgotten about Hong Kong too.

What is this American delusion about Taiwan?
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

You aren't seriously believing what you are writing are you? China being market oriented means nothing with its political instututions? You do realize that Taiwan continues to elect politicians whom China would like to put a muzzle on? Unless China's Communist Party collapses, there ain't going to be a merging.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          China's planned decimation of a neighboring country.

I take it you mean Taiwan, the last remaining province from the Chinese civil war.

It's part of China. What would the US do if part of it seceded? Wait.. we already know.
                          Yes, that's sort of the point of this thread.

It's a moot point anyway, Taiwan and China will effectively be merged in 50 years time. Look how many Taiwanese people live in Shanghai.
                          I certainly hope so. The massive build up of ships and missiles along with the usual rhetoric seems to indicate that they are preparing for a different solution.
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You aren't seriously believing what you are writing are you? China being market oriented means nothing with its political instututions? You do realize that Taiwan continues to elect politicians whom China would like to put a muzzle on? Unless China's Communist Party collapses, there ain't going to be a merging.

China is slowly liberalizing. No-one will recognize the place in 20 years. Look at the changes in the last 10. The Taiwanese are invading China, not the other way around. As usual business interests will tend to lead political ones.

Only Americans have this thing about Taiwan. It's similar to the distorted perspective they have on Israel. Perhaps if the US media actually reported these issues properly, people wouldn't be so silly.

In any case, Taiwan is part of China. The Chinese are correct to note that it is a rebel province. How would the Americans feel if Hawaii declared independence and the Chinese started meddling in its affairs.

The US should mind its own business.

I certainly hope so. The massive build up of ships and missiles along with the usual rhetoric seems to indicate that they are preparing for a different solution.

Sabre rattling. Nothing more.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              After all, Hong Kong residents wanted to stay with Britian over going over the China (and as years after that transfer have shown us, for good reason).
                              Neither of your points is true.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X