No announcement yet.

Republicans to Become Communists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PRC has as much claim over Taiwan as the Russian Federation has over Khazikstan. Less, actually, since they have no connection to the Chinese government that did have claim over it.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
      The PRC has as much claim over Taiwan as the Russian Federation has over Khazikstan. Less, actually, since they have no connection to the Chinese government that did have claim over it.
      I don't see how the link between the PRC and imperial China is any less than the link between the Russian Federation and Tsarist or Soviet Russia.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

The Russians were able to back their claim with steel. The PRC wasn't.

Comment

When the Communists took over Russia, they had to reconquer the territory, and they did, in spite of what the world threw against them. That's why they owned it, even without a "legitimate" handover from the Tsars.

The Russian Federation was the result of a (mostly) peaceful handover of power from the old USSR. Note that the territory is much smaller. The reason it is much smaller, however you may wish to candycoat it, is that they were incapable of holding the larger territory, and knew it, so they let it go.

The PRC dosen't own Taiwan because they couldn't take it, not in fifty years.

Comment

What is this Taiwan? You guys mean The Republic of China?

Maybe you guys should start studying the ROC Constitution and what is says about the Island and its connection to Mainland China- last I remember, it states categorically that the Island IS part of China, it just disagrees about which of the two governments if the rightful government of the whole thing _ heck, I remmber this time when the China seat in the UN was held by the ROC, not the PRC.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
              What is this Taiwan? You guys mean The Republic of China?

Maybe you guys should start studying the ROC Constitution and what is says about the Island and its connection to Mainland China- last I remember, it states categorically that the Island IS part of China, it just disagrees about which of the two governments if the rightful government of the whole thing _ heck, I remmber this time when the China seat in the UN was held by the ROC, not the PRC.
              You of all should know better. After WW II Chiang was getting his a$$ kick by the Commie, so he needed a place to go, so he invaded Taiwan and kill thousand to take control of the Island and of course rename it, The Republic of China. It was then that the PRC later claim that Taiwan was part of China.
              A bit of history. When the Dutch arrived in 1680 or so, not one Chinese person lived on the Island. All of the people were Polynesians and they told the Dutch that their Grandfather, Grandfather had lived on the Island.
              They also said that from time to time Chinese Pirates would used the Island to hide from the Chinese Navy. It was the Dutch that brought the Chinese to the Island to work (Slaves) for the Dutch.
              I support a free and Independence Taiwan.
              I have been there.

Comment

There is an ongoing process to change the constitution to reflect present day conditions, already, the provincial level government has been eliminated.
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                  You of all should know better. After WW II Chiang was getting his a$$ kick by the Commie, so he needed a place to go, so he invaded Taiwan and kill thousand to take control of the Island and of course rename it, The Republic of China. It was then that the PRC later claim that Taiwan was part of China.
                  A bit of history. When the Dutch arrived in 1680 or so, not one Chinese person lived on the Island. All of the people were Polynesians and they told the Dutch that their Grandfather, Grandfather had lived on the Island.
                  They also said that from time to time Chinese Pirates would used the Island to hide from the Chinese Navy. It was the Dutch that brought the Chinese to the Island to work (Slaves) for the Dutch.
                  I support a free and Independence Taiwan.
                  I have been there.
                  What Joseph said.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                    After WW II Chiang was getting his a$$ kick by the Commie, so he needed a place to go, so he invaded Taiwan and kill thousand to take control of the Island and of course rename it, The Republic of China. It was then that the PRC later claim that Taiwan was part of China.
                    I don't know which universe you live in, but it is not ours.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                      There is an ongoing process to change the constitution to reflect present day conditions, already, the provincial level government has been eliminated.
                      That's several years back when Lee messed around to get rid of Sung. That led to him exiting from the KMT and splintering the party, giving Chen an easy shot at the presidency.
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                        I don't know which universe you live in, but it is not ours.
                        If by "ours" you mean "the Party's", then yes, you are correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          If by "ours" you mean "the Party's", then yes, you are correct!

Comment

100-nil!

Comment

what about tibet?
                              eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                                100-nil!
                                Wrong site

Comment

Working...
                                X