No announcement yet.

Football: The Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't heard anything about Vick saying anything about his WRs not being able to do their jobs. In fact, he keeps praising them when they ****ing suck so damn bad!

I think people are just trying to get anything to stick on Vick .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

So it's happening...

--Bledsoe agrees to terms with Dallas
      --Shaun Alexander, Edgerrrin James, Rudi Johnson franchise-tagged
      --New Vikes owner commits to keeping Randy Moss.
      --and NE is so strong they can franchise tag Vinatieri!!!
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Vick never throws to his WR's.

It'd help if his WRs EVER got open. In the Pro-Bowl he looked WR first, because they had talent and were able to get seperation.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
          So it's happening...

Good for Dallas. Bledsoe had his best years under Parcells and I think he'll get rejuvinated under him again. He's got a few more miles left on that arm, and Drew Henson can't step in now.

No shock. Signing Hasselbeck allowed Seattle to franchise Alexander instead of losing him.

Again, no shock. You don't trade such a gamebreaker, especially when he makes you a ton of money on merchandising .

Or rather they don't have anyone else they'd rather franchise . The Falcons are so good, they don't have to franchise anyone . Same goes for the Giants, btw.

Comment

Vick with legit WR talent to go with the ATL ground game would be scary.

I thought Jenkins was a good draft pick last year, but he never really surfaced. Was he bad, or just underused?
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Well he was a rookie. Usually most recievers 'break out' in their 3rd year. I'm willing to give him a chance, even if the sporttalk guys are already writing him off. He may be a Freddie Mitchell (horrible 1st round bust), or he may end up being fairly productive. I think it is too early to say. However, I think Atlanta needs a veteran WR, if just to teach young WRs like Jenkins the tools of the trade.

Comment

Didn't they have Not-So-Peerless Price last year?

Comment

Him and his like 5 years of experience?

Comment

They paid big bucks and did not get commensurate results.

They need a hot rookie and a free agent wideout this year. It won't be to hard to imporve over Dez White and Brian Finneran...

Don't know Atlanta's other needs, cap issues, etc. But they could be a kickass offense with a little better WR corps, the ongoing maturing process of M. Vick, and some cohesion/experience in running the offense.

Assuming no major brain cramps, Atlanta is my preseason pick to unseat the Eagles next year.

Comment

Don't know Atlanta's other needs, cap issues, etc.

Cap is ok, I guess. I can't wait until Price comes off the books. The Falcons desparately needs some offensive line help! The running game and Vick hides the fact that the O-Line couldn't pass block a damn thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go after a Tackle in the 1st round. And in the get a Guard to go with him at some point. They also need some secondary help, but that's because Hall was a rookie and there were injuries on the other side, so I'm not sure if there will be an early draft pick on that.

Though I expect WR and OL to be drafted in the 1st two rounds at least (if not the first THREE).

Comment

If Bledsoe flops in Dallas, I'll bet Parcells is gone from there as well because Jerry Jones has been wanting Drew Henson in there but he is letting the Tuna do his thing.

Dallas also released DE Marcellus Wiley one year after giving him a huge contract...

Ravens release WR Kevin Johnson. Look for the Eagles to pick him up because he played with McNabb in college and they worked well together. See ya Freddie Mitchell!

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff
                          Bledsoe might end up in Dallas with Parcells, the man who drafted him. I'm less sure about this than Garcia in Detroit, but it makes sense,
                          Looks like I was right about this one. Next "shocker": Garcia to Lions
                          I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff

Looks like I was right about this one. Next "shocker": Garcia to Lions

Bucs release Brad Johnson and ask Griese to restructure his contract. Griese refuses and Bucs sign Garcia..

Comment

So it's happening...

not a bad move considering how many games kickers won and lost last season. And new young kickers just aren't there anymore. Vinatieri has won them so many games. I'm not saying he's more important than Brady. But all of Brady's efforts to get down the field into field goal position would be for naught, if they didn't have a clutch field goal kicker.

I think too many kickers get dissed in the league for being useless and whiners (like VAnderjat ). But this guy deserves his paycheck.

Comment

It's not fair.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X