No announcement yet.

Football: The Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Minnesota Vikings have reached an agreement in principle to trade Pro Bowl receiver Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders, a source close to the situation told SI.com on Wednesday.

The deal involving Moss cannot be consummated until March 2, the first day of the league's new financial year. But a source of the trade talks between the Raiders and Vikings said a trade is "likely" and that compensation has been agreed to. The Vikings will receive Oakland's first-round pick this year (No. 7) and an unidentified veteran player -- possibly linebacker Napoleon Harris -- and a 2006 draft pick.

"There are still some hurdles," the source said. "It's not a slam dunk. But the deal is in place."

If completed, the trade of Moss will give the Raiders one of the deepest receiving corps in the NFL. Oakland reached a contract agreement Tuesday with potential free agent Jerry Porter.

It is not thought that potential Minnesota owner Reggie Fowler will have much to do with the deal, despite his earlier claims he would not be willing to part with Moss.

"Red McCombs is still running this team," one source within the Vikings organization said. " I would doubt that Fowler had much to do with it at all."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Man, McCombs is such a *****! I wonder if the NFL steps in and says no. They can do that if they wanted, IIRC. Or at least ask the new owner if he approves.
      Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; February 23, 2005, 19:24.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

great idea.

am I the only one who doesn't like Randy Moss?

I'll take T.O. over im any day.

Comment

Why don't you like Moss? I'll take him on my team! The guy is a gamebreaker.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

how many superbowl rings does he have?

and don't tell me they didn't have the talent. They had it in 98, and they should have beaten Atlanta.

Comment

How many Superbowl rings does T.O. have?

That's not a good argument. Marino has none either, but I sure as Hell would want him if my team wasn't that great.

Comment

Moss is a significant part of what fowler is buying. If he's not accorded the respect to have input on the actions of the lame-duck profiteer McCombs, the NFL would be open to a major lawsuit.

IMHO
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Maybe not a lawsuit, but he could decide not to buy the team after all. After all, he hasn't bought it yet and thus has no legal rights to check trades.

Comment

I wouldn't want Moss or TO on my team unless I could get them cheap and I really needed a reciever. Those guys hurt their team almost as much as they help.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yeah, T.O. REALLY hurt Philly last year! Get real, Kid!

Comment

Philly was only a little better with him than without him. There was a lot of **** going on with him on the side lines. People don't like him and they don't want to play with him. That affects the team.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The Lions appear to be in the market for Jeff Garcia or Kurt Warner.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Kid -- "A little better" is what it took to get Philly to the Super Bowl.
                            How can that possibly be a bad thing????????

In our next life, I hope we both come back as GMs in the same league. I will PWN you.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Can Kerry Collins still throw the deep ball?
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                                Philly was only a little better with him than without him.

McNabb finally had a real target to throw to. In addition, he "woke" the other lame receivers out of their stupor... as they tried to prove they were worth throwing too. By just having him on the field, they finally had a receiver who would require double coverage... making Westbrook that much more effective on the run, and as a receiver out of the backfield.
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X