Football: The Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football: The Offseason

Hey, if you close a thread because of too many posts, aren't you obligated to open a new one with a link?
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

although talk really dies down after the season, but post all major cuts and trades here.

We were discussing Jeff Garcia being cut and Drew Bledsoe being available.

discuss.

Comment

Garcia and Bledsoe are still better than the starting QBs of at least a couple of teams. They just aren't good enough to justify their current contracts.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Can the Niners have Garcia back?

Lot of front office moves with the niners... that's all I've seen do far.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

The Niners choices have been curious. I have more business experience than that kid they hired to do contracts.

Comment

Yeah, I saw his picture and was all WTF!

I wonder if I can apply for the coaching position?
            Monkey!!!

Comment

My guesses:

Garcia will end up in Detriot. Mariucchi and Garcia have been successful together in the past, and I don't think Mooch is too pleased with Harrington. I bet Garcia is signed with the Lions and is starting for them by week 6.

Bledsoe might end up in Dallas with Parcells, the man who drafted him. I'm less sure about this than Garcia in Detroit, but it makes sense, especially if Testaverde retires. If not, then I see Bledsoe as the #2 somewhere (Miami? Tampa?)
              I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I cant want bledsoe with dallas. nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo. Testeverde has to go but we need a real QB.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

The Titans are about to begin cutting a good chunk of their remaining talent in order to go 0-16 next season fit under the salary cap.

I can't believe they're getting rid of Mason, who's probably one of the most talented players remaining on the team. He was only going to make about five million for next year... Heck, I'd rather have Mason than McNair.

The other five cuts are definitely understandable, though.

When you go 5-11 and have no really good players on your team, it's hard to believe that you can be $27m over the cap... it's like the ownership just doesn't know how to make a well-structured contract.

Comment

In addition to that Tank Williams is suspended for the year.

Comment

I think Dallas will be REALLY well served to get Drew Bledsoe, at least for a couple years. He's not a bad QB, and he had his best years for Parcells. Also, as shown in New England, he'll keep his mouth shut if replaced by the back-up. He was a class act in that situation and that's the type of player needed in Dallas if they are grooming Drew Henson.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Except that he is as big a sitting duck as Testeverde is. Besides, most reports say he doesn't like Parcells.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff
                          Bledsoe might end up in Dallas with Parcells, the man who drafted him. I'm less sure about this than Garcia in Detroit, but it makes sense, especially if Testaverde retires. If not, then I see Bledsoe as the #2 somewhere (Miami? Tampa?)
                          My guess is Bledsoe won't go to Miami: no offensive line and no running game means he'd be the focus of every defensive scheme, just like the 'Phins QB's were last season. It was like shooting fish in a barrel....

Hopefully Saban can get things turned around in 2 seasons, maybe 3. Draft or trade for an offensive line this year, then get the QB and RB the following season after the O-line has had time to gel.

D

Comment

any word on Ricky?

doesn't he still have a lot of money to pay off?

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              any word on Ricky?

doesn't he still have a lot of money to pay off?
                              Ricky's not coming back (at least to Miami). As far as the money is concerned: he's using the legal system to avoid having to pay back the money for as long as possible....

D

Comment

Working...
                              X