No announcement yet.

"Red Ken" ruffles jewish feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great, this thread is already going straight to hell...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

The party is headed for the dustheap of history.

At least we'll get you first.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        Can we agree that it was a dumb thing for Ken to say, but that the journo probably deserved a punch in the face anyway for being a prat, and that this will be blown out of all proportion as various groups use it for political leverage.
        Depends on what the journalist was doing.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think Ken being dumb, journalists being *******s, and the media blowing things out of proportion are the standard assumptions.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

there are some people who when theyre spat on will pretend its raining. Sorry, I wont.

And there are some people who have no sense of proportionality and who ignore all contexts that don't suit them.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

I think Ken being dumb, journalists being *******s, and the media blowing things out of proportion are the standard assumptions.

Pretty much. Sad world isn't it?

Depends on what the journalist was doing.

British journalist? I wonder what....
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

nm

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X
                  Perhaps. It wasn´t my intention to slander jewish people. It was just an satirical observation. And don´t tell me that I can´t do that, that´s just too PC
                  Can't and should be more careful are two different things. You have a right to make an ass of yourself, but I wish you wouldn't.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yes, Master

Comment

The party is headed for the dustheap of history.

At least we'll get you first.
                      sadly, you already have.

"That Stalin had embarked upon a policy of eradicating Jewish institutions became apparent in the winter of 1948 with the murder of the noted actor-director Solomon Michoels, and the subsequent closing of the Yiddish State Theatre in Moscow. This was followed by mass arrests of Yiddish writers, among them the poets Peretz Markish, Leib Kwitko, David Hoffstein and Itzik Fefer, and novelists David Bergelson and Der Nister. Some 30 Yiddish writers were executed on Aug. 12, 1952, but the secret was kept long after Stalin had died. In October, 1955, during the United Nations Assembly's session in New York, a high Soviet official still denied the "rumors" about the disappearance of Yiddish writers. Questioned specifically by this writer about the whereabouts of Peretz Markish, the Soviet Foreign Ministry's press chief unblinkingly told a story about having seen him in Pravda's office not long before"
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Like the ADL...

Now there's an organization that is fast becoming what it hated.

There are huge billboards up around campus advertising the fact that Jewish students should go to them if they feel their lecturers are being anti-Semitic.

Since the number of anti-semitic lecturers at U of T in my experience is nil, hat this really means is that their lecturers might criticize Israel or Zionism (which have many critics on campus, and many supporters).

Only feebs vote.

Comment

And there are some people who have no sense of proportionality and who ignore all contexts that don't suit them.

Yes, but I cant spend all my time responding to Anti-US trolls, fortunately there are others here who will.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

My god, it´s like trying to argue communism with Giancarlo... I´m bailing out before this thread implodes of it´s own stupidity...

Comment

Yes, but I cant spend all my time responding to Anti-US trolls, fortunately there are others here who will.

Says the guy who just posted an obvious troll.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X