"Red Ken" ruffles jewish feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Red Ken" ruffles jewish feathers

Apparently he compared a pesky jewish reporter to a concentration camp guard...

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

I hate journalists like that too.

Sad choice of words though, it will get him into trouble.

Not as bad as Lothar Matthaeus telling Dutch reporters that he hated the Dutch and that "Adolf should have gotten rid of them".
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

The nazi comparison is popular. Berlusconi used it in the European Parlament against some german IIRC...

But it will get Livingstone into trouble, jews never forget an insult

Comment

Did he know the guy was Jewish?
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X

But it will get Livingstone into trouble, jews never forget an insult
          this just keeps getting better and better, doesnt it.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I don´t know. But he´s had dealings with him before. In fact a spokesperson for the gay organisation that arranged the press conference said that they didn´t want to get involved in the vendetta between Livingstone and the reporter...

Comment

His last name is Finegold... ie, he should have known if he didn't .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

this just keeps getting better and better, doesnt it.
                See. Didn´t I say so?

Comment

His last name is Finegold... ie, he should have known if he didn't .

Really? In Britain people aren't so obviously Jewish as they are in Toronto - i.e. you might know someone for months before they tell you. Here in Toronto, one's ethnicity is usually the first thing out of one's mouth.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X

See. Didn´t I say so?
                    If i call you on something, that indicates i will never forget it? And what makes you think Im typical of every Jew?
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

He is an idiot. His only saving grace is that he's our [Labour's] idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                        Did he know the guy was Jewish?

BBC

'On tape Mr Livingstone, who once worked as a freelance restaurant critic on the paper, is heard asking reporter Oliver Finegold if he is a "German war criminal".

Mr Finegold replies: "No, I'm Jewish, I wasn't a German war criminal. I'm quite offended by that."

The mayor then says: "Ah right, well you might be, but actually you are just like a concentration camp guard, you are just doing it because you are paid to, aren't you?"'

It so helps to click on the provided link.

Comment

If i call you on something, that indicates i will never forget it? And what makes you think Im typical of every Jew?

You aren't.

I'd be willing to bet that "remember you're Jewish and don't let anyone forget it" is not the first thing that most Jewish people think in the morning.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Livingston has a point. Doing your job isn't an excuse for bad behavior.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

You aren't.

I'd be willing to bet that "remember you're Jewish and don't let anyone forget it" is not the first thing that most Jewish people think in the morning.

Thanks for the personal insults. You have no idea what the first thing i think of in the morning is. I often post on jewish things here, because i feel i can provide a unique perspective.

Thanks for again reminding me of your own personal quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X