Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who expressed their kind thoughts and well wishes upon my father's passing. I just returned home from a ski trip to Colorado. My parents had given it to us back in September to celebrate Steve's birthday (9th of Feb.) and although I didn't feel like going....my dad needless to say was a penny pincher and would have insisted on us keeping with the trip so we did.

Last Saturday we took my fathers ashes and scattered them at him favoirte fishing hole...the one he always fell in and lost his glasses one time. We just figured that he would be able to see now Just before the ashes were scattered I sang Amazing Grace one last time for him.

It has been......well really and truly I just don't have the words for what the last two weeks have been and felt like. I'm sure the numbness will wear off but for now I simply wanted to say how much I appreciated and cherish all the kind thoughts and words. Words of thanks seem a bit hollow for the kindness extended to me and my family but for now my heart felt thanks will have to do.

So thank you from the bottom of my heart ( and a few other assorted places ) Still trying to find that humor somewhere.

Thankyou.
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

It's good that you are doing fine.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It's the least we could do.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

it's a tough thing to ge through. It's good that you had time to spend with your family. Taking the trip sounded like a good idea.

Comment

Losing a parent is difficult but slowly you do recover. Even though my mother is no longer here I like to think about the good things she taught me or shared with me. Hopefully you will do the same with your father.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I do think about the good times and how fortunate I was to have the time to say the things I needed to say. So many times we aren't afforded that opportunity.

Anyway I"m back and it's nice to be home physically and metephorically as well.
            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Working...
            X