Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually have the thing in book form.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

This is news to me too, and ive been browsing here for 6 years! Keep up the good work Kuciwalker.
      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

The story of the proper disposal of the results of defecation at an army camp is very funny. God doesn't look pleased.
        Why did he create defecation in the first place? If he didn't think that crap was cool, he would have given us a waste-free digestive system, no?
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

One thing that struck me while reading it is that I don't really know the bible, especially not the old testament. Not that I care.

Another thing that struck me is how fundamentalist christians pick and choose, even though it's all supposed to be God's words. They like their pork chops so they skip the don't eat pigs part.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Sweet...there's a lot of **** here I haven't seen before.
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I know it looks like he is mocking the bible in some passages, especially in his choice of stories, but I think overall he is sincere. Otherwise, why take the enormous amount of time it would take to stage these little scenarios?
              Very much so. The choice of his stories is intended to mock.

If he really wished to do a lego interpretation of the bible, then that would be an enormous task. There is plenty of things that are important that he has chosen to ignore, and minute things he has chosen to portray.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Another thing that struck me is how fundamentalist christians pick and choose, even though it's all supposed to be God's words. They like their pork chops so they skip the don't eat pigs part.
                Maybe that's because they read a little further and see what Christ has to say about foods that are clean and unclean.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Genesis 3:16: I will greatly increase your suffering during childbirth. In pain you will bring forth children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.

I thought this was satire until I decided to google it...
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                    I saw it last time it was posted... but I believe it was about a year ago or so...
                    It was ages ago. In 2000 or even earlier. If you saw it, it would be your prior incarnation, or you were lurking.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                    X