No announcement yet.

It's official: Dear Leader has nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have they set one off??? do they really have them?? it's probably all just talk.

Comment

I can't decide which is worse to hear from the dear leader:

"We have newkyoolar weapons," or "We have nucrear weapons."
      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

We are screwed because it is not good for a rogue state to have nukes. NK can sell nukes to other rogue states like Iran, or to terrorist groups.
        You mean they could fund guys like Pinochet?
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Lee Kyu-hyung, a spokesman for the Foreign Ministry. “We express our strong concern with the North Korean statement that it has nuclear weapons, and we again declare our stance that we will never tolerate North Korea possessing nuclear weapons.”
          One wonder's what ROK thinking is to make such a provocative statement. Dear Leader is probably not amused.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

It's Bush's Fault!

You said it, not me!

But the fact remains:

1) Bush invades a country to stop the development of weapons including nuclear weapons, Iraq turns out to have no nuclear weapons (or ANY other threatening weapons, for that matter).

2) North Korea tells the world they are going to make a bomb and they do it, Bush does nothing

You just sit back and enjoy your tax cut while the rest of us figure out how to solve the real problems.

thanks
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Which Dear Leader?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This just proves that if we were going to take preemptive action, we should have done back in the Clinton Admin when NK did not have nukes yet. Now it is too late.

Now, we basically have to acknowledge their nuke arsenal and/or isolate them economically and diplomatically and hope we can starve them out.

Basically, we are royally screwed thanks to Clinton's incompetent foreign policy.

Um... so Clinton decided not to start World War III against China. I'm thinking that's not a bad thing wrt foriegn policy.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Like Seeker was saying, hopefully this will help make the SKorean government a little less spineless WRT its treatment of NKorean refugees, already the opposition party is trying to make a stink about China's evil policy of sending NKorean refugees back to NKorea.
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Bah, you haven't heard a good thick Korean accent in a while apparently It'd come out more along the lines of: "we habu nuceoriiur weponsu"
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Why should we care? This guy keeps playing us like a fiddle, we give them food and oil and whatever else and they "promise" to stop trying to make nukes. Now we're going to start paying Afghans to grow other crops, yippee. I don't know, it seems to me our "leaders" are nuts or the suckers born every minute congregate in Washington DC. We've been propping up their "economy" for years so they could divert even more resources to nukes? The lunatics are running the asylum...

We're told if N Korea has nukes other countries in the region may build them. So what? Its about time these countries paid for their own defense. God there just is no limit to what politicians will waste our money on.

Comment

I'm sure that China was aware of this. They'd be fools not to know what was going on in their own backyard. The question is: did they want this to happen or not?

"Not just RoK but from South Korea all the way down to probably Australia. All these countries are against Japan remilitarising."

Just as they were against NK having nuclear weapons.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

last i heard your country is developping nukes that are small enough to be actually usable (you know, bunker busters:small nuclear explosion underground, what's the harm right ?)

i find this a bit more disturbing, given the fact that history has shown that you guys actually dare to use the bomb

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

It's weird how the list of nukes becoems the same one I saw back in 2000/2001. We had some classes about nukes and NBC in general, in service, and they had a presentation that said the countries who have nukes, and I remember already back then it included 'Iran is close and will get one soon' so it was written down as the same, having nukes. Same with NKorea. Except that I can't remember if they said they already have, or that they are about to get and will get. Every single one of them was right. And there was no Iraq or extra countries. It was right, dead on.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis
                              last i heard your country is developping nukes that are small enough to be actually usable (you know, bunker busters:small nuclear explosion underground, what's the harm right ?)

i find this a bit more disturbing, given the fact that history has shown that you guys actually dare to use the bomb

And that has what to do with the price of bananas on Apolyton?
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

@thread title.

maybe that will cause the warmongers to pause and think a little

Go N.Korea(and any other threatend countries)
                                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                                X