When Bush hatred makes you a moron...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon
    I think that anyone who advocates might as right should get their head punched in to teach them a lesson.

After all, it's a lesson that most people learn in grade school.
    And you have a practical means to prevent the proliferation of WMD? We've already gone over why their total elimination is an impossibility so please don't bother with impractical responses.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Isay this because there is no other nation willing to stand up for those nations that can be taken control of. I say that sure we have no business telling a government how to set theirs up. I wonder what would happen if irac had had these weapons and destroyed a natin next to it what would come of the situation. I hate this war we are in, however i have to believe there is a eason for it and that reason being that the people of that country need a change. And by all means i am all for letting them be the ones to decide what that change is.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Oerdin,

I think that people would like the US to take some leadership on this since we are the strongest nation on earth, instead of contributing to the problem. Everyone was scared ****less about nuclear war during the Cold War, but after the Berlin wall fell the US and Russia did nothing to make sure that such a situation would not occur again. The US maintains the same mentality. It seems that the powers that be want history to repeat itself. I think the US has an interest in these weapons not to protect itself, but to maintain a position of power over nations without them.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

And you have a practical means to prevent the proliferation of WMD? We've already gone over why their total elimination is an impossibility so please don't bother with impractical responses.

I have a better response. I don't care if Iran gets nuclear weapons. They are less likely to use them than, say, Pakistan, and nuclear weapons are essentially defensive in nature anyway.

North Korea is worse than Iran in every way, yet even they won't use them because they know that you cannot use them and win.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
            Geez, I agreed with Kid? This must be the end time, let the nukes fly HOSANNA!
            Not really. I don't believe in building more nukes. I want them destroyed. I realize that the world situation makes this not a good idea right not, but the US is the biggest contributor of this hostile world.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Not really. I don't believe in building more nukes. I want them destroyed. I realize that the world situation makes this not a good idea right not, but the US is the biggest contributor of this hostile world.
              I dont think so. But again my opinion i beleive it was russia that stared selling their nukes to smaler countries. All this did was feed the little man syndrome. The us simple wants to ensure that all countries will live peacefully amongst each other.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                Isay this because there is no other nation willing to stand up for those nations that can be taken control of. I say that sure we have no business telling a government how to set theirs up. I wonder what would happen if irac had had these weapons and destroyed a natin next to it what would come of the situation. I hate this war we are in, however i have to believe there is a eason for it and that reason being that the people of that country need a change. And by all means i am all for letting them be the ones to decide what that change is.
                Sure there needs to be a lot of change in the world. The thing is that conflict is caused when one hegemonic power, like the US, uses that power to bully the rest of the world. That's when nations become militaristic, and defensive. I'm not saying that they US is the source of all evil in the world, but it's not going out to fight the good fight either. It's just the biggest guy out there looking out for number 1. Some of us would like it to lead the world to peace, or at least get the hell out of the way. Some nice isolationism would be great on the part of the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                  The us simple wants to ensure that all countries will live peacefully amongst each other.
                  I'm willing to agree with that, but the US wants to be the nation with all the power and all the money. Sure if they have all the power and money they want peace.

Comment

Im not gonna deny the fact the the U.S is a rich nation. I hope that the U.S doesnt want to to control the world, for gods sake we have poor and suffering people here in our own country. It just seems to me that the poor and suffering might be larger in other countries. But If we cant help our own first we have no business helping others right. Wrong, thats not how this works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                      Im not gonna deny the fact the the U.S is a rich nation. I hope that the U.S doesnt want to to control the world, for gods sake we have poor and suffering people here in our own country. It just seems to me that the poor and suffering might be larger in other countries. But If we cant help our own first we have no business helping others right. Wrong, thats not how this works.
                      My feeling is that it's not just for the US to do. Each nation can just help their own people, otherwise the strong nations dominate the small nations. The world has to work together. Anyway, that's just my bleeding heart, as some people around here say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
                        Oerdin,

I think that people would like the US to take some leadership on this since we are the strongest nation on earth, instead of contributing to the problem. Everyone was scared ****less about nuclear war during the Cold War, but after the Berlin wall fell the US and Russia did nothing to make sure that such a situation would not occur again. The US maintains the same mentality. It seems that the powers that be want history to repeat itself. I think the US has an interest in these weapons not to protect itself, but to maintain a position of power over nations without them.
                        And do you think the US giving up it's nukes would encourage North Korea to give up theirs or do you think they would take advantage to once again invade the South knowing they could use the threat of their nukes to prevent US intervention? What do you think South Korea, Japan, and half a dozen other countries will do once the US no longer can shield them. Do you think they will feel more or less safe and do you believe they will feel the need to arm themselves?

Remember you've said the US should unilaterally disarm while China, Russia, North Korea, and every other potential thug and expansionist keeps theirs. Do you really think this will make the world a safer place?
                        Last edited by Dinner; February 10, 2005, 01:23.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprayber
                          Just as we have every right to make their life a living hell for trying to get them
                          No. The US has no right to invade any other sovereign country.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Kid you are right the world has to work together. But i was saying im getting tired of eng attacked not by you or any one i know of being an american.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                              Kid you are right the world has to work together. But i was saying im getting tired of eng attacked not by you or any one i know of being an american.
                              It's not meant to be personal. I hate patriotism. I see it as a source of world suffering. I attack 'patriotism', not just the US per se. So if you are patriotic then we will have some arguing to do, because you will be defending your nation, most probably unreasonably because of your biased perceptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

You haven't really thought that through have you? Neither has Kid. Let's assume we sign treaties and all the law abiding countries make their nukes disappear. Great isn't it? Well, then again maybe not because we'd have cheaters like North Korea and Iran would build them any way and now we wouldn't have any deterrent when an aggressive dictator feels he can use his nukes. Wouldn't we?
                                Of course you have deterant.

Do you think such a treaty wouldn't involve an rigorous and ongoing inspection of every countries weapon's production and capabilities? Do you seriously think that any modern country couldn't, if they wanted to, quickly (re)build nuclear weapons in a matter of weeks in response to someone breaking such a treaty? Do you seriously think a single country can hold the whole world hostage with nuclear weapons?

What do you expect to happen - some "aggresive dictator" secretely building up a nuclear arsenal powerful enough to destroy the entire world without anyone knowing? Of course, even if that did happen, the thought that he could hold every country in the world hostage with the threat of destruction is ridiculous.

I don't really know what relevance this has to the psot of mine you quoted, however...
                                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X