When Bush hatred makes you a moron...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Bush hatred makes you a moron...

I can't take it anymore. I visit the Democratic Underground forums every so often, but now, these people are really driving me insane.

I was in this thread about Iran, and everyone there is all like, OH YEAH BUSH SUCKS... which is fine, I hate Bush too.

But I post something that got 2 responses that just made me shake my head.

These people think it's all right for Iran to have nuclear weapons. UHHHMMM WAIT A MINUTE. We're talking abotu Islamic fundamentalists who sponsor terrorism (Hezbollah).

And then, everyone is all like... "OMG BUSH IS TEH EVIL, IRAN IS NICE"

I don't think I'm going to go to the DU that much anymore. Their Bush hatred has made them retarded.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

hmmm... I don't even like the Iranian govt. In fact I don't want anyone else to have nukes that doesn't have any. I want to get rid of the ones that already exist.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Iran has as much right to have life terminating weapons of mass destruction as the US - in other words none.

You, the only nation in mankinds history who have used these horrible weapons have no right to dictate who has the right to these. You who permitted Pakistans nuke program...
      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Every country has a right to seek WMD just as we have a right to make their lives hell to discourage them from getting them.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Surely you must realise you are not the only ones who can make other peoples life hell.

- Paul Valery

Comment

@Oerdin:That makes no sense.

Comment

Kid, there are no natural laws forbidding a country from persuing any weapon they have the ability to build. Humans construct those laws in order to reach ideals (such as a safer world or no nukes) but the truth is no one can put the genie back in the bottle. So does one country have a right to say these countries can have nukes and others can't? Nope, they have just as much right to them as we do so we can't base or objections upon moral arguments.

Instead it simply becomes we, a coalition, have decided we don't want weaker powers to have nukes and we will punish anyone who tries. We can offer bribes to encourage good behavior but that's about it.

Edit: The first post was aimed at Laurentius who was claiming no country had rights to weapons which kill.
              Last edited by Dinner; February 9, 2005, 21:07.

Comment

So why did your honour let Pakistan have nukes thus almost starting India-Pakistan nuclear war?

- Paul Valery

Comment

DU is stupid... throw rocks at it
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Uhhh... India had nukes first.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

But we have WMD, so how can we

1) say nations don't have a right to them

2) invade other countries for trying to get them

Comment

They've had them since the 1970's just like India. That predates the NNPA so there really isn't much we can do about it is there? I'd try to encourage them to disarm but it won't happen because India won't give them up. That just leaves forced disarmorment which is impractical since we need the Pakis. Thus it is all realpolitick.

Comment

because

we have WMD
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Once again realpolitick. If you do this I will hurt you very badly; If you do that I will help you. Brute force and bribery since we have no moral grounds to deny others things which we won't deny ourselves.

Also since the invention has been made and people know how to build nukes we can't just disarm because other people would then have an advantage over us. This genie is out and all we can do cajole people into slowing it's spread.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              So does one country have a right to say these countries can have nukes and others can't? Nope, they have just as much right to them as we do so we can't base or objections upon moral arguments.

Instead it simply becomes we, a coalition, have decided we don't want weaker powers to have nukes and we will punish anyone who tries. We can offer bribes to encourage good behavior but that's about it.
                              I don't know what to say to this. You say you don't have a moral argument. You pwn yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X