No announcement yet.

Spoiled Rotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japher: It looks like your parents haven't been systematic enough about all of this. Just look at the list of grievances you have about perceived inequalities.

By the way, I'm not dissing you or your parents. It's human nature to work this way. This is big family power politics.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Japher cant you ask the folks for a rain check till after the babies born?
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

My dad loves Hawaii. I went a bunch as a kid and through High School. I have been back since HS (12 years ago), despite my parents inviting me. I have always been busy, but I never make a fuzz because I, like you Mrs. Tubers, am impartial about the place.

Though if you go to Hawaii with my dad it's 5 stars all the way, and a 5 star hotel is still a 5 star hotel, even if it is in the middle of nowhere.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher, no, you get me if you marry me. So how about it? Ps no kissing or sex.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Just look at the list of grievances you have about perceived inequalities
            My folks paid for my college, and my education has since given me everything I have wanted. Thus, they, in some way, have already given me everything. I, unlike my sisters, like to at least feel like I am doing things myself. It's not so much the possesion or trip or what have you, it's how you obtain it.

I don't hold my siblings to the same standards that I hold myself. However, when you make my mom mad, and you do so because of her generosity... it's go time!

I'm not dissing you or your parents. It's human nature to work this way. This is big family power politics.
            Yup. My wife and I talk about this a lot, because we plan on having several kids, and we don't want the same sort of problems.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

If you go to hawaii your gonna drop alot of cash fast and all the time. I can say the only part of hawaii i saw was most of ohau the north shore was the best. I satyed in waikiki and that part was bad. Everything is expensive.when i left at the end of december the gas prices were like 2.89 a gallon for just regular gas. So i see your parents are going to be dropping a lot of cash.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

So how about it? Ps no kissing or sex
                How about Public displays of affection? Holding hands?

So i see your parents are going to be dropping a lot of cash.
                For sure.

My wife and I went to Vegas with them last summer. My sisters and their husbands in tow.

For each dinner my dad dropped at least $1000, not to mention they are feirce gamblers, as are my siblings.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

You were very fortunate. if the folks did all he things you stated. I on the other hand have paid for my own education and likes there of. I stand next to the values that you do to. I have had to stand on my own two feet since graduation from high school. I am proud of what i have done and own because i did it my self.

Comment

Japher, hey listen, I said don't swing that way. If you want to hold hands in public and all that, it'll cost you more. I'm not that cheap.

I was thinking more like a good old hetero marriage, with lots of beer and big ass plasma TVs and hanging around in boxers all day long, going to titty bars and eating pizzas all the time. Watching sports and all kinds of stuff.

But you want to hold hands in public. Man.... I mean no.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Well then Pekka, I see that it just wasn't meant to be.

I'll inform my wife that she doesn't need to leave.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

She doesn't need to leave. I'm not a brutal animal like that I know you guys are married and are having a kid. What do you take me for?

We can fix her up with the basement or something.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          Well then Pekka, I see that it just wasn't meant to be.

I'll inform my wife that she doesn't need to leave.
                          Hope pekka wont be to broken hearted. But hey if you want the trip dude youd probably have to put out. Btw the wife might be happy bout the fact she dont have to leave being preggie and all.

Comment

Be laughing there now.. soon, Mr Tuberski will be joining our club house of fun and we'll be all that is man. You can join Msr. Japher and .. I don't know. Keep company to each other in the basement. YEAH!
                            In da butt.

Comment

She's actually hoping to have the kid while my folks are at least one ocean away. My wife doesn't suffer well, and doesn't like ppl around before, during, or after it... So, if we can have the kid and a week or two to recoup before the gps show up at the doorstep to "help" that would be good.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Why do i have to go to the basement? I dont even know the misses. hell i can sit in the den watching sports in boxers. Course I dont have any balls to scratch but i can lay around drinking beer and stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X