Spoiled Rotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiled Rotten

My parents are flying the whole family to Hawaii in August for a family vacation (my folks are picking up the entire tab). Wifey and I can't go as jr. is due to pop up around then... Anyway, my older sis and my mom got in a fight because there weren't any first class tickets left and that my sister's family would have to fly coach.

What the hell?!

It's free! It's not like ANYONE can do ANYTHING about there not being any first class tickets left...

Damn, it's not like she's Rosanne Barr or anyone, where does she get off?
    Monkey!!!

japher, give me her number, and ill ***** her out.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

This is comical on so many levels, but is the fight about relative status of your sister's family? For instance, are others flying first class and only your sister's family flying coach?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

My other sister is flying first class both ways

My parents are flying first class there and coach back

Still, she has no reason to complain. especially since her family has the most ppl in it
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          japher, give me her number, and ill ***** her out.
          Will you scream out your ex's name when yoou do this?
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

i was actually planning on stealing money from her purse
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Will you scream out your ex's name when yoou do this?
              The sister might look at him like he is a lunaticif he did, however If you ask me that sister is acting a whole lot ungrateful, and childish. Forget the fact that your parents funding the trip andthe only thing she might have to pay for is souvieners. If it was my kid Id tell her where to shove it and to stay home if she wants to be that way.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

My other sister is flying first class both ways

My parents are flying first class there and coach back

Still, she has no reason to complain. especially since her family has the most ppl in it
                Aren't human beings great?

I'm going to take your sister's position on this. You would have thought that parents with at least 3 kids would be sensitive to handling the appearance of inequality in treatment among siblings. Everybody except the parents should have ridden coach, with everybody given a choice to upgrade on their own dime. Problem solved.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

DanS is partially right. At least the sister and husband flying 1st class all the way could take couch one way. I know I wouldn't want to be sitting in couch the whole way. That's a long flight.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

You gotta a point DanS. However, throw in the fact that my parents have spoiled her to the bone she has nothing to complain about.

Things my parents have done/continue to do for my older sis:

- gave her a 20% down payment on her house (they did this for my little sister too)

- bought her a surburban when she had her first kid (she had a Ford Ranger, and despite being a Ford it was doing just fine)

- Gave her husband a sizable down payment for a new truck and a boat

- Started the kids college funds and gives generously to them often (as many grandparents do)

- Recently gave them the money to buy a spa

- Flies them out once a year to Disneyland or some other kid friendly destination (Last year they hit up all the San Diego hot spots)

I think they have done enough, but they are will to do more... and she whines about unfair treatment? Come on!
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

if you guys can't make it, I'll be happy to use your tickets for you.

Comment

Che: Under your solution, there still would be the appearance of inequality. Any wiff of this is a definite no-no among families of more than modest size. Red buzzer time.

Comment

No first class for me? Japher, would you consider marrying me. I would like to join your family. I can fly coach.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Your all ignoring the most important factor here: Me!!!! I don't get anything!

Monkey!!!

Comment

From recent personal experience the flight from texas to hawaii was very long. Even though the exact air time from phoenix was 5 hours and 45 minutes i flew through like 4 time changes. Coach wasnt that bad. The airplanes flying to hawaii are huge. Two seats on one side three in the middle and two on the other side. two isles. If the sister donsnt want to fly coach simple solution dont go. I think the point here is that the trip isnt costing her nothing but an uncomfortble ride to a place that most people think is paradise. If you ask me not that you did I wasnt that impressed when i went and was there.
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X