4 men rapes 13-year old and get away with it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 men rapes 13-year old and get away with it

The Swedish legislation regarding rape is seriously ****ed up, as it is up to the rape victim to prove that she didn´t get raped by her own will. Or more correctly, that she isn´t responsible for putting herself in a situation were she can get raped. Recently a 13-year old girl in a small swedish town went out to buy some pants. She met a 16-year old boy who she knew briefly. He invitited her to an apartment were there were 3 other men aged 21, 26 and 30. They encouraged here to drink vast amount of alcohol and then repeatedly raped here for several hours.

In the district court the 16-year old was convicted of rape and sentenced to 1 years incarcaration by the social services, the 30 year old was also convicted of rape and sentenced to 5 years in prison and the other two were sentenced to 4 years in prison for being accomplices. The three older men were also to be deported from Sweden after they served their time in jail.

However in the Court of Appeal the sentences was lowered substantially . The charge was changed to sexual abuse. The 16-year old only had to serve 1 month and the 21 and 26-year old were fully aquitted. The deportation was also revoked. The basis for the lowering of sentences was that the girl had got drunk of her own free will and thereby put herself in a situation were she had only herself to blame.

The family has taken the case to the supreme court, but if they lose they will have to pay substantial court costs.

I mean is this ****ed up or what? I mean a rape is rape, isn´t it? Even if the victim is drunk as a skunk, it doesn´t give anybody the right to sexually assault her? Especially a minor. Arrghh, it makes me almost long for a public beating
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

That is appalling. The Court of Appeal seems to be saying "it's ok to rape someone if they're drunk" What's next, legalizing "date-rape" drugs? bleah.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

If the victim is 13 years old, then they should be facing charges of child molestation(except the 16 year old) and be going to jail for a long time, around the order of 15 years in prison or so.

"as it is up to the rape victim to prove that she didn´t get raped by her own will. "

Well, you know, you don't really want there to be a situation where people can go to prison for rapes when it wasn''t proven the sex wasn't consensual. Although making them responsible for putting them in a situtation where they could get raped, if that is the case, is certainly awful- just because you are drunk doesn't mean people have a right to rape you.
      Last edited by Shi Huangdi; January 27, 2005, 11:07.
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

This is pretty messed up. Burglary doesn't get any more legal because the victim was an idiot who left his door unlocked and his valuables visible - why should rape be different?
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Re: 4 men rapes 13-year old and get away with it

Great...
          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

rapers, muggers and killers LOVES the N Europe, don't they.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Is there an age at which one is legally allowed to consume alcohol in Sweden?

If there is, then surely the men knowingly served drinks to a minor, presumably with the idea of having sex with her against her will.

In any case, how does an intoxicated minor 'consent' to sex? They're hardly in possession of their full intellectual capacities, are they?

This is the kind of antiquated nonsense you used to see a lot of in courts in the U.K. in the 70s and 80s- the rape victim was hitch-hiking, or had a short skirt, or was out late at night, therefore 'contributed' to her rape.

The mind absolutely boggles.....
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Let's hope the supreme court set things straight...
                CSPA

Comment

The problem is, there are always some paleolithic judges hanging around to make these kinds of judgements, that rape is the woman's fault.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Besides, I can't help but wonder why the hell they have to rape such young girls? Are they afraid to rape someone who may be old/strong enough to fight back, does islam demand that they only rape virgins, or are they just sadistic perverts?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf

Let's hope the supreme court set things straight...
                      Don't count on it

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        The problem is, there are always some paleolithic judges hanging around to make these kinds of judgements, that rape is the woman's fault.
                        That's not the real problem. The real problem is that the judge apparently was right, as far as the law is concerned.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Change the law.

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid does islam demand

Islam? Linky linky?
                          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Raping a 13-year old and get away with it just because she was drunk!?!

For some reason I keep thinking about the scene in Liar Liar where they're talking about a burglar who broke into a home and cut himself on a knife. The burglar sued the owner of the home and won... Cases like these are getting out of hand

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
                            Besides, I can't help but wonder why the hell they have to rape such young girls? Are they afraid to rape someone who may be old/strong enough to fight back, does islam demand that they only rape virgins, or are they just sadistic perverts?

IIRC there were a case here some years ago where 4 12 year olds kids raped some 20 old because they knew they could get away with it (because of their age)
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                              Change the law.
                              ASAP.

Wasn't there yet another commission investigating this recently? Did they get anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                              X