Why the American media are so pathologically anti-Russian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by molly bloom

New from D.C. - 'Serb, One Man Siberian Army Corps'.

Jack Kirby will be resurrected to draw it, Jim Shooter will do the usual sensitive treatment of the story, and it will be promoted with antique souvenir bullet casings from Katyn Forest.

See, these souvenir casings are all 8mm Mauser! Proof of Soviet innocence!
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Vagabond

That's your personal understading. I don't think that the causes of the rage of your media at Russia are as simple as that.
      Vagabond, I didn't say anything about "our media." Our media is firmly in the camp of the left, not the right. I assume the left applauded Russia standing up to Bush, which makes their hostility to Putin hard to understand.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I wouldn't say Americans are pathologically anti-Russian. I would say a lot of Americans are pathologically pro-American.

It starts at an early age, saluting flags, "One nation under God", and other brainwashing techniques.
        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruddy
          I wouldn't say Americans are pathologically anti-Russian. I would say a lot of Americans are pathologically pro-American.

It starts at an early age, saluting flags, "One nation under God", and other brainwashing techniques.
          Very true. It is obviously a form of mental disease to be proud to be an American. The left in the US, of course, does not share this disease and is very active in their criticism of America, believing as they do, that "America is part of the problem, not the solution," quoting Teddy Kennedy's speech last week.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Ned! You've discovered sarcasm!

Did I say American's being pathologically pro-American was a bad thing?

Well, sometimes it is. Not always.
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

Vagabond, I didn't say anything about "our media." Our media is firmly in the camp of the left, not the right. I assume the left applauded Russia standing up to Bush, which makes their hostility to Putin hard to understand.
              Then this just means that not everything revolves around the issue of Iraq.
              Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruddy
                I wouldn't say Americans are pathologically anti-Russian. I would say a lot of Americans are pathologically pro-American.
                Being pathologically pro-something automatically implies being pathologically anti-everything-else.
                Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Our media is firmly in the camp of the left, not the right.
                  Tell us another story Ned. Don't you watch FOX?
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by The Vagabond

Being pathologically pro-something automatically implies being pathologically anti-everything-else.
                    *cough*
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Very true. It is obviously a form of mental disease to be proud to be an American. The left in the US, of course, does not share this disease and is very active in their criticism of America, believing as they do, that "America is part of the problem, not the solution," quoting Teddy Kennedy's speech last week.
                      Patriotism is not a bad thing, indoctrination and nationalism is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

Tell us another story Ned. Don't you watch FOX?
                        Kid, we all know that FOX is unique.

Comment

• Talk radio along with vast numbers of print media (like National Review & the Christian Science Monitor) don't count? What about the 700 Club with that fat bigot who runs it? It seems like half the air time of the Jesus freak network (what ever that 24/7 Christian network is called) is spent showing 700 club.

You are correct about one thing though. Fox News is the only major news network to consistantly be lacking in journalistic integrity. Unlike the other networks Fox takes sides and slants everything based upon that bias.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                            Talk radio along with vast numbers of print media (like National Review & the Christian Science Monitor) don't count? What about the 700 Club with that fat bigot who runs it? It seems like half the air time of the Jesus freak network (what ever that 24/7 Christian network is called) is spent showing 700 club.

You are correct about one thing though. Fox News is the only major news network to consistantly be lacking in journalistic integrity. Unlike the other networks Fox takes sides and slants everything based upon that bias.
                            Why of course, there are minor right-wing publications and shows. Talk radio is dominated by conservatives, true. But I doubt most Russians even have the ability to listen to most of them. What they do see are the major cable and broadcast networks, and major newspapers. Among these, FOX is fairly unique. Another conservative publication that everyone seems to respect, though, is the Wall Street Journal. I suspect that the Wall Street Journal is anti-Putin because it favors democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson

Like where?
                              Churchill was angry with Poles for not accepting Soviet propositions.
                              Yeah, right - Churchill was a commie, a pinkass communist who got angry everytime when somebody refused Soviet propositions.
                              Btw, I was refering to his monumental work- World War II. This is where he called Poland a greedy hyena. In case if you didn't guess it already -he wrote this book after WW2.

Probably guilty conscience.
                              Churchill's guilty conscience

As for provoking ww2, repeat it as often as possible.
                              No Russia-bashing can be as successful as your brilliant remarks.
                              Truth hurts?

Serb... The garnison defended, true. And what?
                              They killed themselves, but didn't surender to your "liberators". That makes your obvious lie about "liberation" of Smolensk a total bullsh!t. Whom you tried to liberate there, dead bodies? It's the same kind of liberation Americans are trying to impose now in Iraq - conquerberation, exterminabiration and lieberation.

Polish garnison of Moscow defended as well.
                              To save their pity asses.

And for boiling... I'm sure it was a wide-spreaded.
                              We, in Poland, still have a Day of St Serb,
                              in which each family meets over a dish of a boiled Russian up till now. Beautiful tradition.
                              I know. It's so-called "advanced Polish civilization".

Again, Putin seems to believe Him in that matter.
                              Bull****. He never said he believes in this Goebels's fake. Anyhow, I have to repeat it once again- Putin makes history, not study history. He has plenty of other things to do and his value as historian is probably pretty low.

If Goebels said Russians are brave people, would You not believe Him as well?
                              I would not believe a single word of the chief of Hitler's propaganda. Esp. when he tries to whitewash nazis by blaming Soviets.

No "Soviet Aschwitz". Gulag.
                              What Gulag? Once again- Gulag is the Glavnoe Upravlenie LAGerei (General Deportment of Prisons). It's state's institution whose duty is to manage and supervise prisons. Every country on this planent has such institution. What exactly Soviet prison you are lying about?

What for? I'm thanking them in general.
                              By calling them conquerors?
                              What do You want from me, Serb, in this matter, huh?
                              Nothing.
                              Last edited by Serb; February 3, 2005, 02:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom

You know I was just jesting, you crazy Russkie, don't you?
                                I was jesting as well.
                                I toast you with a glass of Russian tea, comrade, sweetened with a spoonful of jam.
                                Who the hell drinks tea like that? Probaly only a moron from "Sex and the city" who pretended to be Russian?

Comment

Working...
                                X