Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War of the Worlds - December Bang!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    OK it seems that extern has been running at 4:00 AM like last game, but I had posted earlier that I was going to run it at 10:00 PM. I'd like to change it to 10:00 PM as I said I would for this game, but I of course need general consent to do that now that the game has started - if anyone objects, please let me know, here or by PM or email or in game messaging, and I will leave it. If there are no objections I will switch it tomorrow. Tonight, Extern will run at 4:00 to give people time to see this.
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

    Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

    Comment


    • #62
      I'm definitely for it; please change it to 10PM, as stated in the thread earlier.

      Comment


      • #63
        OK Extern is running at 10:00PM today and from henceforth - this shouldn't affect anyone much, but hopefully will make it easier to be on at extern for tactical purposes.
        "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte

        Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

        Comment


        • #64
          It's LAN party week at Aeturneus' place

          Unfortunately, the downside of this is the server may be a lot choppier than usual 'till Monday - this can cause scripts to break, and sometimes even cause connections to drop.

          I will try to keep the server available as much as possible, but if it's too slow when you are trying to PPT, SST, colonize or whatever, remember that you can bank up to five days of turns and do it Monday. Obviously, citadel upgrades can't wait, but hopefully the server will be able to handle that sort of thing - you just may not be able to burn through 1k turns in an hour.
          "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte

          Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

          Comment


          • #65
            Hmm, the machine seems to be up, but the game seems to be down, just a head's up.

            EDIT : Came up a few minutes after this post.
            Last edited by burbel; January 3, 2005, 16:36.

            Comment


            • #66
              It was up.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

              Comment


              • #67
                It's not reachable now. I keep getting this error:

                Network error: Connection refused
                ____________________________
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
                ____________________________

                Comment


                • #68
                  Thanks for restarting the server Aeturneus.
                  ____________________________
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
                  ____________________________

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Sunny days!
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Is server still operating

                      Hi,

                      Is the tw server still in operation these days? I haven't been able to connect of late.

                      Tuk

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I'm not sure. I haven't logged in since Jan/feb time frame.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          It's still running, though Tuk has the universe wrapped up nicely, so there's not much use playing until after the next rebang. Aet has some finals he's finishing up, after which he or I will probably start a fresh game up, if there's still interest.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            New campaign

                            Hi all,

                            I think things are slowing down in the War of the worlds campaign... Is there any interest in starting up a new mainstream game in the near future?

                            Tuk

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I'm very interested in running one (and playing in one, quite possibly), but no one else seems to be. Yourself and Jagged are about the only ones I ever see log on anymore except occassionally Gradius.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re-Bang

                                Tuk you know how I feel 'bout a re-bang of the main game.

                                I am conceding any claims to the throne in that one Evil One!

                                I would not be opposed to a restart, and hopefully having a few more participants involved this time around.

                                ...that's as long as I don't have you as a neighbor this time. (heh-heh)

                                Actually, I suppose it could be worse... Respectable detente is always appreciated, and less resource intensive!

                                Later!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X