Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War of the Worlds - December Bang!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Sounds good, it'll keep everything even, at least.
    I'd personally rather not be affiliated with any corps, but for the sake of game balance, I'll go with whatever corp ends up being one person short.
    McBurbles! Making your Burbleburgers since whenver we were founded!

    Comment


    • #17
      Given the holiday season and my finals, I'm not sure how much free time I will actually have available...so on this note, I will play un-corped to begin with and depending on how much time I have, I may join up with a corp at a later time.

      Oh, and I use ATTAC for my TW games. I'm still trying to figure out how to use all of the features on it. Here is their website:

      ____________________________
      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
      ____________________________

      Comment


      • #18
        Well then, I suppose 2 person teams might be best for this game as well - with solarwind and wittlich going indy for the first part at least. Here's my proposal:

        Aeturneus / MarkG
        Burbel / Oerdin

        What do you think? 2v2?
        "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte

        Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

        Comment


        • #19
          That ought to work; what about your friend, Jesse?

          I could see this developing into a 2vs2 and 1vs1 battle, that ought to be fine.

          Comment


          • #20
            sounds great to me, of course, and it shouldn't be too bad for anyone else, either.
            McBurbles! Making your Burbleburgers since whenver we were founded!

            Comment


            • #21
              Alright, looking at my exam schedule I've decided to let this game run another week and a half. Unless there are any reasonable objections, I'm going to bang the game Monday, the 20th of December at 5:00PM MST.

              Extern will be set to run at 10:00PM MST.

              As it is the holiday season, I understand that many of you will not be able to play 1000 turns every day. However, if you are able to log in and create a user at the time of the bang through the Java telnet client which is accessible anywhere through the website, you will at least be able to start saving turns, up to 5000, from day 1. This way, when you are ultimately able to play you will get an accelerated start. I hope that everyone who is corping will at least try to do this, for the sake of balance.

              There will be some NPC organizations but they have yet to be completely worked out.

              The existing game will run until the 20th.

              Since the current game has already been called, players are welcome to create new accounts to try different strategies in the existing game. If you want to go evil, feel free... experiment, do what you like! Now's the time to learn how to SST, etc. if you are wondering what it's like to make 10m credits in a day

              However, I would ask that players that take advantage of the legal duping not beat up too much on players that don't...
              "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte

              Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

              Comment


              • #22
                hi fellas. Remember me? I'm thinking of joining in on the next bang. can anyone post the server address for me? I want to just check the server out and show it to a friend to see if she is interested in playing this game. She's a newbie to TW2002
                King Thor

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hey Aeturneus, I cant telnet to your server or load the applet on your website.
                  King Thor

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    so sorry, it should be working now - I forgot to bring the server back up at last reboot

                    It should work now.

                    BTW Welcome Back Thor!

                    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte

                    Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'd like to have more then six players. Can't we dig up a few more people some where?
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Well, I'm always up for more players, but don't know where to find folks. Also, on this new test server, can we up the number of turns significatnly? I'd like to experiment a bit, and 250 turns is way too low; maybe something like 10,000 for screwing around?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          turns changed in the test server.

                          Sorry about my sudden invisibility, I'm extremely busy right now - I hope to get back to administering the server and aggressively promoting TW on the 20th, the last day of exams.
                          "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte

                          Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            That's cool, we understand completely. I've been spending a bit more time than I expected on a side project, but I'll be in full-time when the game bangs.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Oerdin
                              I'd like to have more then six players. Can't we dig up a few more people some where?
                              Well, I'm somewhat playing, it's just that do I have enough time to TW. At the holiday timews I'm sure to play (almost) every day.
                              The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
                              - Chuck Norris Facts

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I'm glad to see Pave and Tukhachevsky playing regularly, and looking forward to the December bang after exams

                                Since we're approaching the bang, I thought I'd put the corporations / teams question out there again, and see if anything has changed... I think at last call we had two teams of two,

                                Aeturneus / MarkG
                                Burbel / Oerdin

                                but I haven't talked to MarkG about this yet, and since he's in Greece I'm not sure we'll be able to co-ordinate at a regular time, so the plausibility of this arrangement remains undetermined.

                                Tukhachevsky, are you interested in corping next game? If so, that would open up some other possibilities - like a third corporation, bringing solarwind back into the mix, or going back to the three-vs-three idea we had earlier... which to me still seems most likely to succeed.

                                Pave, what about you? Do you think you'll be able to play regularly for about a month after the bang on the 20th? Remember, with 5 days of turn-saving, you only have to get on a couple of times a week.
                                "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte

                                Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X