Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War of the Worlds - December Bang!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    BOOM!
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

    Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

    Comment


    • #47
      www.waroftheworlds.ath.cx using port 2002.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

      Comment


      • #48
        Aeturneus, Photons are not enabled; this is messing up my day 1 strategy; please fix that ASAP.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by burbel
          Aeturneus, Photons are not enabled; this is messing up my day 1 strategy; please fix that ASAP.
          first of all:

          secondly, sorry about the mistake - fixed now.
          "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte

          Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

          Comment


          • #50
            it looks like your server is down Aeturneus...
            ____________________________
            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
            ____________________________

            Comment


            • #51
              False alarm...looks like its reachable again.
              ____________________________
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
              ____________________________

              Comment


              • #52
                My mistake...no it isn't. Your server was there and then it dropped off again. I think I'll wait a while to see if you can find out why your server is acting up Aeturneus.

                ...it might be due to Burbel's massive use of photon torpedoes...
                ____________________________
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
                ____________________________

                Comment


                • #53
                  something less teriffying than that actually

                  there are too many appliances on the circuit the server is on, and when someone who will remain nameless tries to use her hairdryer in the wrong plugin, the breaker flips - hopefully this won't happen again, but I can't guarantee anything
                  "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte

                  Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    That explains it then. Thanks for the heads-up.
                    ____________________________
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
                    ____________________________

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I notice we have three independents in the game. We should see if we can't get a few of them to join as a corp that way we'll have three competeting corps instead of two.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I agree on the independents, it's up to you guys to unionize. Also, is the server down right now? I can't seem to connect.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by burbel
                          I agree on the independents, it's up to you guys to unionize. Also, is the server down right now? I can't seem to connect.
                          I just had trouble connecting also... I eventually got on after a few retries. Server seemed to be less responsive than usual... Try connecting to the server web page, which should give an indication if the server is down.

                          Yeah, a three-corp game would certainly add some more excitement to the galaxy- good times.

                          Tuk

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            is Aeturneus' other half drying her hair again?
                            ____________________________
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
                            ____________________________

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Still having trouble logging in? That's annoying - I was doing some fps gaming this afternoon, tends to eat up cpu and that would explain the poor responsiveness but perhaps not the inability to log in. Could it be that the server was full at the time? It only has 4 slots...
                              "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte

                              Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I was able to get in more recently, it seems fine now. However, earlier things just seemed down; I couldn't connect to the game, pinging the machine on port 80, 2002, and the ping default didn't work.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X