• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another poll: Spanish soldier -soldadito español

So, which one?

1 is the blue/red/white (left)
    2 is the white (right)

Any suggestion for ways to have BOTH in?

(PS. Prometeus-like thread)
    Attached Files
    1 - Blue/red/white
    44.44%
    2- All white
    55.56%
    Neither
    0.00%

El segundo...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

I've always read that white jackets were the most common until 1808, however I've got a book with all kind of colours for the Peninsular War Spanish troops.

Voted for the white soldier, though.
      "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Re: Another poll: Spanish soldier -soldadito español

I believe that blue one are the most common in Spanish troops along this years.

Comment

Nevermind...

PS got these two weird links from my web search session...

http://www.artifacts.org/Luisiana.htm and http://www.docuweb.ca/SpainInCanada/.../soldiers.html ...
          Last edited by Prometeus; October 22, 2001, 15:17.
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

Fiera, I completely agree, that's why I drew the first one. But, like you I still like the white better (that's the one I drew for Spanish Pride). So, what Kindal said is most likely true.

Prom, those are colonial uniforms. Not necessarily used in the peninsula.

So, any suggestions to have both in?

Comment

Yes, you should definitely have more than a regular infantry type for the Spanish troops. Spanish infantry units were very heterogenous (is that a word?), some of them were awfully weak, some of them could actually mean a threat to French troops, so variety of looks and attck/defense/etc values is the key.

"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
              - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

!!! No spanish soldier, but... change the first one's uniform into black, add a shako and you'll have the 95 english regiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiera
                  Yes, you should definitely have more than a regular infantry type for the Spanish troops. Spanish infantry units were very heterogenous (is that a word?), some of them were awfully weak, some of them could actually mean a threat to French troops, so variety of looks and attck/defense/etc values is the key.

The problem is, why build soldiers when the best unit you'll have is the guerrillas...

Elaborate more on this, I'm all ears

Comment

Very interesting this pages Prom, specially the Canadian one

In this page appears some uniforms, some of them look white but in some books I have about uniforms appear almost all blue.

So JB you choose

Comment

A couple of italian sites...

SuperEva è il verticale di attualità e intrattenimento in cui trovi i trend del giorno, video divertenti, gossip, cucina, tecnologia e tanti altro.

and a good english one.

Comment

At the beginning of the war, the blue uniforms were the most common in the Spanish Regular Army; remember the pictures of Daóiz and Velarde, or Bailén; white uniforms were very common, too. But during the war, spanish troops adopted mostly the green or the red uniform (remember "El húsar", by A.P.Reverte: the spanish line infantry wore in green). For example, the liberal volunteers from my "carlist war" would be appropiate .

By the way, Jay Bee: I hope you won't forget about andalusian lancers, the mounted nightmare of the french troops.
                        "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                        "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                        The Spanish Civilization Site
                        "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Pues... hablame de ellos che o ponme un linkecito para que pueda informarme on my own.

Comment

no sabes quienes eran los garrochistas!!!!

Fueron los heroes de Bailen, y tu has hecho un escenairo del tema????

Pa que te hagas una idea parecian mas o menos unos picadores de una corrida de toros...igual encuentro por ahi alguna foto...si la quieres...claro.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by kIndal

Fueron los heroes de Bailen, y tu has hecho un escenairo del tema????
                              Aun no...

Comment

Working...
                              X