No announcement yet.

HRE NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not too late, I'm still formulating the update.

The lack of Friesland orders means that no activity is going to be going on there this year, which means Royal troops are just going to be hanging around. Unless I misinterpreted your orders, Micha, no Saxon troops appear to be heading south.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• As long as the update is still pending, I'd like to submit that the soldiers I'm sending are 750 spearmen, and 750 bowmen. Oh, ad why not just throw in 300 bow wielding mercs while we're at it.
      Last edited by bipolarbear; November 8, 2006, 13:57.
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclotron
        Unless I misinterpreted your orders, Micha, no Saxon troops appear to be heading south.
        D'Oh, thanks for pointing out. Of course I wanted to send the Saxonian Vanguard, at least I already ordered it to be assembled, so not marching would´ve been quite dull.

As for the Frieses... Can´t you take over and at least command them to try any advances? I guess their army wouldn´t like doing nothing when fighting on their own soil...

Otherwise I´d like to tell von Norden to take the lead in commanding the Friesian Forces if not challenged by local authorities...
        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
        Let me eat your yummy brain!
        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• Originally posted by Micha
          As for the Frieses... Can´t you take over and at least command them to try any advances? I guess their army wouldn´t like doing nothing when fighting on their own soil...

Otherwise I´d like to tell von Norden to take the lead in commanding the Friesian Forces if not challenged by local authorities...
          It is not my policy to take over for somebody when they are gone for one turn; as with Swabia before, I let nothing happen for one turn and then took over on the second. I do not want to be the "autopilot" whenever someone doesn't feel like turning in orders, and I feel that if I filled in every time we UDWOTed, there would be no real penalty for being an absentee Duke.

This is not to say that I get all mad at you guys when you don't post; I realize that you have real life commitments and sometimes things slip my mind too. I also have real life issues that make me skip a lot of deadlines. Filling in with made up orders every time somebody don't post, however, gives me a lot more work to do on top of the normal work for updating, and I don't want to do that.

This brings me to my next issue. I will not be posting anything substantial this week. I have a progress report on my Thesis due on Friday and this means that all my available time will be sunk into reading hundreds of pages of texts on nationalism and religious identity by Friday (not to mention writing a paper on it). I know it seems like sometime I am absent from this NES for a while, and I would just like to reassure you that I will not let this drop without telling you. If I am late, it is because I am busy with something else, not because I have forgotten this NES or because I'm tired of it or something. I assure you that it will not die as long as there are players willing to participate. I simply must ask for your patience in this, probably the hardest semester of one's college career.

In the meantime, you may update your orders at will; I haven't put enough work into it such that anything is fixed at this point. This includes those of you who have yet to submit orders.

As far as specific issues: Friesland's army will likely not move without an order from the Count. Von Norden is a local guy, and some of the "free raiders" might join up with any attack of his, but it would be unsupported by the vast majority of Frisian forces, who are only in the field because of their feudal obligations to the Count. They are very unlikely to desert him for von Norden in an act that could well be considered treasonous.
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• It's fine, we understand what it's like to be busy, and we've all modded and appreciate how much work it is to come up with orders for factions without a leader. There's a side project that Bipolarbear and I have been working on for a few months that I may reveal come Thanksgiving, if this is feeling a little slow.
            Last edited by appleciders; November 7, 2006, 16:06.
            "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
            phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
            three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

• Expect the update over Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Excellent! Which is... when?
                Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES

Comment

• Well, technically Thanksgiving is a week from Thursday, but the vacation from school starts for us this weekend and runs through the next weekend. Cyc probably means sometime over the break.
                  Last edited by appleciders; November 14, 2006, 11:41.
                  "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
                  phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
                  three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

• Originally posted by Micha
                    Excellent! Which is... when?
                    I had forgotten that Thanksgiving isn't exactly a universal holiday

Ciders is correct.

Comment

• *cough cough*

Happy Thanksgiving?

oh well...

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving, Micha.

I have opted to start a new thread . Please direct all subsequent HRE NES stuff there.

Comment

Working...
                        X