No announcement yet.

HRE NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome, I'm sure we'll all be able to communicate just fine.

The map has been updated. The main change is to Friesland; two new towns have been indicated, and Friesland has been divided into Frisian (greenish) and Viking-controlled (white) regions.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Wow, it's a busy day for HRE NES! Nimitz has asked me about playing Bohemia, but I can't send him a PM because his PM box is full. If you read this, Nimitz, you're welcome to join and stats will be posted for Bohemia when I update the stat blocks for all players.
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Hehe just read it, should of known it was getting close to full after a year and a half of not emptying it. Thanks for letting me join.
        Last edited by Nimitz; August 24, 2006, 22:06.
        Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
        Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
        President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

• Good to know English isn't your first language- what is? And we'll just clarify anything that needs it. And welcome!
          "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
          phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
          three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

• My guess is that he speaks Italian.

Comment

• You know, that was my guess, but I thought I recalled seeing a thread where he speaks Spanish, and I speak a bit of Spanish, so I was going to volunteer to be helpful.

Comment

• Hooray

hello to Nimitz as well!

This reichstag vote is going to be in-ter-esting...
                Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia to all German Dukes
                  I thank those who support my gaining voting rights in the up coming Reichstag. We have fought hard and long facing the fullest furry of the Heathens. That you understand my wish to have voting right makes me believe that perhaps it was not all for naut. I shall be arriving shortly before the Reichstag ready to choose a king to lead us against these heathens I would still be highly dissappointed to be turned away.
                  Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                  Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                  President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

• This reichstag vote is going to be in-ter-esting...
                    The information I'd like to know this turn is:

1) If you are attending the Reichstag
                    2) What issues you intend to bring to a vote at the Reichstag

If you want to have an issue voted on, you can either post it here or send it to me by PM. You will be asked to post your votes on all issues when the next update is posted.

So far, the issues are:
                    - Vote to give Bohemia full voting rights
                    - Vote to elect the King of Germany

Note that Bohemia will not be able to vote on the issue to give Bohemia voting rights, and will only be able to vote on Kingship if the vote on voting rights passes.

The order of votes will be set by the host of the Reichstag (in this case, Swabia, assuming Augsburg is agreed on by all parties).

Comment

• Count Dirk was still in Norden when the news of the death of King Conrad I reached him, not that he really cared about the German kings, but he wanted to maintain good relations with Saxony as they promised to pledge assistance in pushing the Danes viking away from Utrecht.
                      The conquest of Thuringia by the Saxons went well, it was now time to remind them of what they promised.

Count Dirk of Friesland to all German Duchies
                      I am saddened by the loss of your King, who was a great and courageous man.

Count Dirk of Friesland to Duke Heinrich of Saxony
                      We are happy to see that your military campaign in lower thuringia has fared well, we hope you will now respect the word you have given us and help us pushing those Vikings barbarians away from our land.
                      May God's goodwill be with you.

EDIT:
                      OOC, @ Applecider: Italian is my first language, but I know a bit of Catalan, having lived in Valencia a few months, and a very few of French and German. Still, I'm much better off with English but thanks for asking
                      "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                      The trick is the doing something else."
                      — Leonardo da Vinci
                      "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                      "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

• So are we operating on the assumption that this thread will continue past the 500 mark? Has anyone talked to a mod, or do mods ever come here unsummoned? And why on earth would a mod close a thread at 500, anyway?

Comment

• Duke Arnulf of Bavaria to all German Dukes at the AUgsberg Reichstag
                          My fellow dukes, it is vital that before we elect the King to rule us all, we decide whether Bohemia will partake in that vote. Having campaigned alongside Duke Vratislaus, I can personally vouch for his character and cast my vote in favor of Bohemia being given a vote.

Comment

• Please be patient with me, as I am currently doing the whole move back into college / register for classes / figure out what's going on stage. The update will be completed as soon as I get in the clear.

Duke Burchard II of Swabia to all German Dukes
                            I agree that the matter of Bohemia must be decided upon before we elect a King. I will set the vote order in that manner.

Comment

• Don't worry, September is usually a very busy month for just about anyone.

Saluti
                              "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                              The trick is the doing something else."
                              — Leonardo da Vinci
                              "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                              "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

• The Duke of Franconia will be attending the reichstag, and will be casting his vote in favor of voting rights for Bohemia
                                Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Working...
                                X