HRE NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by appleciders
    Before you put Swabia too firmly in that "completed" column, didn't they buy some spears and shields from me? There's nothing in their inventory.
    I deal with orders as I see them. There is nothing in Swabia's orders (they don't have any) about such a trade. When I go through your orders, things will be changed accordingly.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Gotcha.
      "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
      phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
      three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

Duke Arnulf of Bavaria to King Heinrich of Saxony
        My king, what are the chances of recieving aid for Bavaria this year? With Saxon help, I might be able to break this Magyar advance.
        OOC:
        I do see these messages, but as long as I cannot access my stats page I am not able to respond truthfully...

On a side note...
        It´s "King Heinrich of Germany" for you!!!

:

:

Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
        Let me eat your yummy brain!
        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• All stat blocks are now updated, with one exception: commodities trades this last turn have not yet been changed. My head hurts and I cannot do math tonight. As far as I am aware this affects only Bavaria, and it will be corrected tomorrow.

Note:
          The ruler of Saxony appears to have made an error and requisitioned more armaments than he actually possessed. The Royal constables were forced to scrap this year's arms shipment to the Polans to avoid a shortfall. The Polans, understandably, are not pleased, and an ambassador has been received in the King's Court demanding recompense.

Edit:
          I am generating Bavaria's generals. As usual, if you asked for generals and I forgot, or if I owe you a PM, post and tell me. Except for updating the trade board as mentioned above, that seems to be it!
          Last edited by Cyclotron; October 16, 2006, 04:39.
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Ok, 'ciders, I cannot for the life of me find the post with the two other generals you wanted to retain. As per your orders, here is the man that has gained the attention of your general-scouting agents.

Wildgraf Arnald von Brenner – Age 36
            One of the last remaining Carinthian nobles (now in exile), this man’s estates are around the strategically cruicial Brenner pass over the Alps. This man has a reputation for cunning, having built a small fortune from local trade routes through the pass. He is an experienced and sharp commander, and has a unique personality that attracts others to him – he was often the spokesman of all the nobles of western Carinthia at the Duke’s court. He is aggressive and single-minded in his pursuit of goals, dismissing “safe plans” and precautions as so many irrelevancies. For all his cunning, however, his mathematical skills are clearly lacking.

Comment

• Von Villach and von Leitbach are already generals, and I've already called them up- I just didn't want to see them disappear from my roster because they didn't have an army to command. They're already in my active roster. Sorry for making you hunt!

Comment

Von Villach and von Leitbach are already generals, and I've already called them up- I just didn't want to see them disappear from my roster because they didn't have an army to command. They're already in my active roster. Sorry for making you hunt!
                Oh! Well, there's no need to worry, you never lose generals unless they die or you dismiss them. I will generate another two for you later today.

Comment

• Excellent! Orders following today.

Duke Arnulf of Bavaria to Doge Orso II Participazio of Venice
                  My friend, you once told me that you would purchase all the salt that I could produce. My mines have been significantly upgraded, and I could now improve the 800 d. of salt that I offered you to 1200. Would you be interested in increasing the size of this trade?

Comment

• Doge Orso II Participazio of Venice to Duke Arnulf of Bavaria
                    We will indeed purchase all the salt you can produce. We offer an expansion on the original deal to 400 d. of leather, 400 d. of sugar, 300 d. of wine, and 250 d. of glassware for the totality of your salt production. Will that be acceptible?

Comment

• Duke Arnulf of Bavaria to Doge Orso II Participazio of Venice
                      Make it 300 d. of glassware and we'll call it a deal. I will also look into selling you German silver this year.

Comment

• Bavarian Orders (Complete):

Equip the 1290 German soldiers in my army as follows:
                        220 Heavy Infantry (heavy, spear, sword, shield)
                        530 Medium Infantry (light, spear, sword, shield)
                        240 Medium Long Axemen (light, polearm, axe, shield)
                        300 Siege Archers (bow, Magyar bow, light)

Keep the Norman Adventurers and Frankish Chivalry as they are. Retain the Thuringian Woodsmen in my army. Release the Lombard Axemen from service. Keep the Bavarian nobility at home, maintaining order and productivity and training up themselves and their sons for the major campaign next year.

Von Brenner will be added to the command structure. Retain Hrudolf von Tegernsee for future use. Call up two more generals, ideally solid, steady men who will follow orders closely and do well with simple assignments. Probably older men who aren't so hot-headed.

Arrange my army as follows:
                        Chivalry (Markgraf Eberhard): 240 Frankish Chivalry, 120 Norman Adventurers
                        Heavy Brigade (von Brenner): 220 Heavy Infantry
                        Medium Brigade (von Villach): 240 Medium Long Axemen
                        Light Brigade (von Wien): 530 Medium Infantry
                        Archers (von Leitbach): 300 Siege Archers
                        Scouts (der Kroat): 400 Thuringian Woodsmen

Call up 500 more soldiers for next turn.

Another 250 d. to Eberhard to be used at his discretion. He is also to maintain his excellent spy network and give me regular reports.

100 d. to improve the stone mines in Bavaria. Expand diggings, improve roads to and from the mines, hire more workers, and modernize the tools and techniques used. If the stone quarries are fairly well tapped already, look for new places to begin mining.

75 d. from stone and 150 d. cash to begin fortifing the Bavaria/Carinthia border.

50 d. to finish the ring wall at Passau.

200 d. to build a ring wall at Salzburg.

Produce 20 bows, 125 spears, 125 polearms, 125 swords, 155 shields and 30 sets of heavy armor from 350 d. from iron from Bohemia. Produce 200 sets of light armor from 200 d. from leather from Venice.

If any Swabian soldiers show up poorly or unarmed, equip them with excess Bavarian arms, then recollect the arms at the end of the year.

Trade Venice 1200 d. of salt and 425 d. silver for 600 d. of leather, 400 d. of sugar, 300 d. of wine, 200 d. of spice, 200 d. of timber, and 300 d. of glassware. Trade Bohemia 200 d. of leather and 200 d. of wine for 350 d. of iron. Trade Franconia 300 d. of sugar for 300 d. of silver.
                        Last edited by appleciders; November 2, 2006, 19:41.

Comment

• Doge Orso II Participazio of Venice to Duke Arnulf of Bavaria
                          Very well, that is acceptable.

Keep the Norman Adventurers and Frankish Chivalry as they are. (They're those Franks with the Donaugraf, right? And they don't seem to be on my payroll, so I'm assuming they work the same way as knights and sergeants.)
                          The Normans and Franks are all minor foreign noblemen that served under von Wien, essentially as mercenaries. They are not currently employed by anyone, but are following von Wien because of personal loyalty and his assurances that there will be lands and manors for all once the Magyars are beaten back. They are not currently being payed, but do take as much loot as they an carry in every battle that they're in.

Comment

• Bohemian Orders
                            Begin the cultivation of Flax. The Duke will be spending 200 d. on this project and if results are achieved will be willing to spend more.

150 d. to improve the silver mines. The Duke tires of the deficit that the Duchy is running and wish to expand sources of income.

Continue road improvement put another 150 d. towards it.

Spend 150 d. on starting a palisade around Pilsen.

Expand scout watch into former Greater Moravian lands have them report their finding next year. Also continue the border watch for rapid warning of attack.

Have Generals send a report on the condition of the armies and their moral.

Call up a new general look to have one of them good at unorthodox methods.

Begin trade with Bavaria 350 d. of iron for 200 d. of leather and 200 d. of wine.

Continue with last year's military plans to regain lost lands.
                            Last edited by Nimitz; October 28, 2006, 22:52.
                            Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                            Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                            President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

• Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia to Doge Orso II Participazio of Venice
                              It is known you are great traders of all goods of worth and that you are always looking for new sources of goods. The Duchy of Bohemia has come into a large new source of iron and wish to trade it. We are willing to trade up to 200 d. of iron and wish to know if you would like to trade an item in exchange?
                              Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                              Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                              President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

• Call up 2 new generals look to have one of them good at unorthodox methods.
                                When you call up generals, I give you three possibilities and you must choose one. You may only choose one general per turn.

Doge Orso II Participazio of Venice to Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia
                                Indeed, we would be very interested in any iron you could offer us, though usually we deal in larger quantities. Unfortunately, I feel that the present chaotic situation in Carinthia would make overland trade very dangerous. We are willing to discuss this matter more fully once the immediate Magyar threat has been removed.

Comment

Working...
                                X