No announcement yet.

Dark Ages NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not clear on what's going on in the map. My troops are fortified in a besieged Tours, yes?
    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• To Lord Nuclear: Your orders included a stipulation that the Jihad should not be announced, so I didn't.

To Foolish_Icarus: Yes.
      "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
      phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
      three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

• ok. I asked because the map doesn't reflect that.
        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Ahem. I only said not to announce it before I went to war.

"Recruiting will be the main focus of the non-military side of my orders. Protect Allah and Islam, and join the army. If you die, which is unlikely, your family will live in fame and glory, and you will spend eternity with Allah and many virgins. Live, and you will be remembered as a hero among heroes. We must kill the infidels who mock us, and the other People of the Book. Roman Christians, Jews, Muslims, and all other people will be able to join."

Comment

• Sure, but you also stipulated that the Jihad would not be made public.

"I am declaring Jihad on the Byzantine Empire....This will not be announced yet."

At no point during your orders do you state conditions to publicize the jihad.

Syntax's a b****, ain't it? Remember how your armies maruded through Egypt while mine didn't even engage? Same thing.

Comment

• Speaking of syntax, it's probably a good thing ciders ignored that stray comma in, "We must kill the infidels who mock us, and the other People of the Book."

Comment

• Originally posted by foolish_icarus
                Speaking of syntax, it's probably a good thing ciders ignored that stray comma in, "We must kill the infidels who mock us, and the other People of the Book."

Comment

• And after all that syntactical analysis, no orders or diplomacy?

Comment

• Diplomacy to Franks and Bavarians :

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!!!

boring war orders coming later. I have to work myself up to get ready for all that tactical analysis

Comment

• UMK to everybody:

We've got stuff, you've got stuff, we'll let you have some of our stuff if we can have some of your stuff.
                      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• Originally posted by foolish_icarus
                        YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!!!
                        Seems like a perfect reaction. By the way, armies in besieged cities do not appear on the map; I've been consistant with that, I believe, when Byzantium besieged some Roman cities a turn or so ago.

Comment

• To: God

I think it's time to switch Rome to an NPC

To: Byzantine Empire

You do not have enough force in Asia Minor to stop us. Surrender to us the three border cities, and gold, and we will make peace.

Comment

• to UMK :

If by "stuff", "stuff", "stuff", and "stuff" you mean
                            armies, things that are not armies, armies, and things that are not armies, respectively, then you've got yourself a deal.

Comment

• In response to popular demand, Rome has only one more turn before I make it NPC.

Comment

• I guess I lose this war, and history is saved. You can find me in Spain for the next 800 years, trying to instill a bit of culture into the barbarians.

Comment

Working...
                                X