No announcement yet.

Advanced Hellenistic Era NES - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It really depends; will laurentius agree to back down if Magna Grecia were under new leadership? If so, then Magna Grecia's a good choice. But 1889, I joined just a turn ago and chose not to go with Lydia because it's a tiny little state between two bigger ones that could squash it like a bug. Egypt looked like it was a little more of an action zone; nothing has ever happened in Lydia, they've just kind of been there. Or did they get attack by pirates once? Anyway, it's a very quiet corner of the world since Persia and Macedonia have little interest in each other. I'd say you should consider Bosporian Greece; they've got no enemies and lots of room to expand.

In any case, teal is Persia, ruled by Bipolarbear; yellow is Egypt, ruled by yours truly, the lighter pink is Carthage, ruled by Lord Nuclear; the duller pink is Sparta, an NPC; the bright pink is Crete, another NPC; Dark green is Macedonia, ruled by Foolish_Icarus; Light green is... some kind of little tiny alliance amongst the cities in the region, NPC; purple is Lydia, an NPC; Blue is Magna Graecia, NPC; and finally orange is Bosporian Greek, an NPC.
    "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
    phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
    three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

• Fine, fine, Egyptian Orders:
      Scavenge the battleground where Carthage was fought last turn for weapons and armor that might be distributed amongst the troops.
      "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
      phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
      three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

• The King of Macedon has 70 thousands soldiers, 125 triremes, 118 talents available to spend, a fairly substantial and currently wounded ego, little self control, and an inability to grasp the significance of consequences.
        Normally this isn't a problem, but unfortunately, the queen, that soothing and sensible woman who normally inserts calming doses of reason, dignity, and practicality into the stubborn king's fantastical whims and violent tempers, is off at some Thessalian spa taking a well deserved but untimely vacation.
        And now, this rather unbalanced fellow who happens to be leader of a not insignificant regional power, is stark howling mad. Not crazy--at least no more than usual--but really, seriously, very signicantly, fueled-by-harsh-Moesian-liquors-and-an-unhealthy-dosage-of-Persian-stimulants-as-well-as-a-sense-of-abandonment-and-some-Freudian-issues, rip-roaring, frothing-at-the-mouth, courtier-biting, animal-instincts mad.
        He is scaring the children.
        Please, think of the children.
        And it's not as if his mood is entirely unjustified. After all, he sent messages to the neighboring countries like a proper head of state. He entreated the leaders and lawmakers of those nations like a friend, like an ally, like a brother. He was calm. He was cautious. He was sensible. He read their assembled politicians a ****ing children’s story. But now, by Zeus’ left nut, for the sake of all that is good and holy in this forsaken world, if he doesn’t get SOME kind of response, and most advisably a satisfactory response, from his wayward western neighbors, there are going to be problems.
        He is not a big man, but he is full of hate. And he has 40 generations of inbred barbarian warlord bloodlust and an enormous assemblage of skilled murderers and assassins just itching to unleash the most inhuman, horrible pain and destruction imaginable upon whatever population they have their cold merciless spears pointed at.

Happy thoughts, people.
        Happy, soothing thoughts.
        Calm. Happy.
        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Who is this aimed at?

Comment

• The world.
            Or perhaps, if the king hasn't lost his grip on reality, it is directed at the Greek-cities-that-used-to-be-but-no-longer-are-part-of-Magna-Graeca (GCTUTBBNLAPOMG, or in Greek, Gatobonalapomgos), and Rome.
            Don't worry Carthage, the rage a sovereign feels from being put in a tense diplomatic situation and then being ignored is altogether different from the rage he would feel at one of his nation's religion's most holy sites being defiled and his people's food and mercantile supplies being threatened. The one is born of tension and fear, the other is born of pure righteous anger.
            Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Carthaginians seem to be a much calmer and rational people than the Macedonians.

Comment

• Well Micha, I think I'm trading quite a lot of wine to the Romans, but I'm not sure how much fabric I'm getting.

Comment

• Tassadar, why don't you pick a new nation that is actually important? Or actually has land? Crete, Magna Graecia, Bosporian Greeks, or Sparta.

Comment

• To: Rome

If you destroy Magna Graecia, we ask that you let us have Sicilia, since we will have to pull out due to the sheer amount and experience of the Magna Graecian army that is stationed in Syracruse.

Comment

• Rome to Macedonia and Greek cities in the North

As a sign of friendship and respect to Macedonia. Rome will refrain from military operations in the North. Pyrrhus and his army must be csuhed though. We can do this by ourselves and with the help from Spartans and appreciate our honorable neighbours patience regarding our initial reaction to this threat to Rome. Dear Macedonians, we are sorry if we have offended you in any way.

Yours,
                      SPQR
                      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Micha I'm trading a lot of fabrics with the Carthage too but I really dont have any specific figures right here. I asked my trade advisor about that and she said that going through the accounts with abacus is going to take at least a week.
                        Last edited by laurentius; January 31, 2005, 17:09.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Rome to Carthage

I'm sorry we cant do that. There is a third state involved who we cant and wont speak for. Besides such matters are premature.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Rome to Egypt

Hello Farao. We seem to have some little problems with elephants. How did you scared them Carthagian phants away? We heard something about pigs!? How does that work excatly?

And yeah, those trade terms are acceptable due to the possible hazards in our waters.

Vale Bene,
                            SPQR

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Btw it would be cool to read stories about life in Persia and Carthage too. I mean thats what this is right, a never ending story

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Stories from Persia and Carthage

So did Rome cancel the fabrics trade with Carthage? If not, just set a default term like 8 t/t...
                                Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                                Let me eat your yummy brain!
                                "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Working...
                                X