'de Historibus Europae 1520-1721

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'de Historibus Europae 1520-1721

'de Historibus Europae is a scenario running from 1520-1721 on a giga European Map. The playable nations are England, Sweden, France, Denmark, Spain, Austria and the Ottoman Empire and the scenario has been optimized for PBEM play.
    This scenario have taken a long time to complete but now it's finally here

Enjoy! (and comments are very welcome as well)

Pbem will commence within short...

Scenario files

Sound files

Ingame introduction text:
    • The Middle Ages are over and after 100 years of Renaissance, conflict is brewing in Europe.
      In the south the Muslim Ottoman Empire is rapidly expanding its sphere of influence and it seems to be but a matter of time before the gates of Vienna are reached. The Ottoman throne has just been assumed by a young new Sultan, Suleyman I. Soon to earn the suffix "the great" or ”magnificent”, this man will make the empire flourish like never before.

To the north, The Holy Roman Empire of The German nation is being torn apart by inner strife, a priest named Martin Luther has posted 95 theses protesting the Pope’s control of the church, igniting what quickly becomes known as the Protestant movement.
      While the converts to this faith are numerous among the peasants, many German Princes are quick to adapt this new religion not out of religious conviction but because it places them in command of the church of their realm.
      It seems only a matter of time before the monarchs of major nations will try to use this new weapon in their struggle to increase the power of the state.

In the far north of Europe in a desperate attempt to uphold the Calmar Union under danish rule, Kristian II, forever to be remembered as "the tyrant" in Sweden, executes the leading men of Sweden’s nobility after quelling their attempts to make Sweden independent. Effictivelly paving the way for Gustav I Vasa, who after seizing power in the lead of a peasant rebellion, is able shape the Swedish state entirely after his own designs due to the lack of leaders among the nobles.

In both Spain and Austria the mighty Habsburg family has, in an effort to unify their holdings, appointed the same man to lead both countries. However, in Spain the crowning of the foreigner Charles V has resulted in nothing but resentment. Soon enough several major cities are revolting against their new king, but these revolts are both loosely lead and ill coordinated, they are doomed to fail…

Edited thrice to fix zip archive.
    Last edited by Henrik; April 25, 2003, 17:12.
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Great Scenario!
    "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
    Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

i want spain for the pbem game hernik

I'm sorry that I couldn´t give any feedback, i was quite busy
      Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
      Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
      miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

there is an error with the events file and with the scn.txt file
        don't know the way to solve it
        Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
        miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

That seems strange, I have my suspiciouns though, this might well be a corrupt zip (happened before, if you open the txt file, are there any new lines in it?)

It appears my zip program at times like to put some sort of strange characters instead of new lines in my text documents

Comment

Originally posted by FiGu
            Great Scenario!
            This version is not the same as the one used in the pbems

Comment

the zip file seems to be corrupted somehow
              "Peace cannot be kept by force.
              It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Yup, most of the txt documents have some sort of corruption between the lines. Hopefully just using a different zip program can solve it...
                DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Open and save each text file with WordPad. That'll fix the line endings.

Mac and Windows use different character sequences for newlines.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Hmmmm.

Tried it, Mercator. Couldn't get it to work. When I saved the file, it didn't alter the code. Events, etc. are still messed up.
                    Lost in America.
                    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

henrik send me the files of the beta version and it was ok
                      well, we'll wait for him to post
                      miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Henrik

When you want to start a PBEM let me know. The second playtest of version 0.21 is dying. Hopefully between that Pbem and the original Historibus we can put together a PBEM of this one.

Yaroslav gets first dibs on Spain or Sweden.

Ill playanyone other than the Ottomans but I prefer the English.

Let me know and advertise at both places (Original and 2nd ver 0.21 playtests.)

Thanks Good job on this BTW, I enjoy the heck out of it. Any plans to make a friendlier single player version?
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I've now zipped the files with two other programs, the first post has been updated.

Both of the download files above have been updated, I made two versions using somewhat different methods. Hopefully both should work.

Mercator is right about what whent wrong, howevr this particular zip program has only produced PC compatible zips before (I recently patched it however, so I suppose that's why it's acting up now ).

Download urls (same as in the first post) :

Comment

I can't get it to work.
                            "You should count all humans as your kinfolk and the whole world as your foster country."
                            - Queen Kristina

Comment

Working...
                            X